chapter three: [he likes someone else]

"Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great deal to love a leaf."

    Indigo's POV

Scott and I walked up Stiles' house stairs, heading towards his room. Scott brought me along, saying that Stiles had to tell him something. He knocked on Stiles' bedroom door, before Stiles yelled out a 'Come in'.

  "Get in. You gotta see this thing." He hurried as me and Scott stepped into his room. Scott looked at me, but I just shrugged, having no idea.

"I've been up all night reading. Websites, books. All this information-"

  "How much Adderall have you had today?" Scott interrupted, throwing his bag on Stiles' bed. Stiles rolled his eyes.

"A lot. Doesn't matter. Okay, just listen." Stiles huffed.

  "Oh-" I spoke up. "is this about the body? Did they find out who did it?" I asked.

"No, they're still questioning people, even Derek Hale." Stiles sighed.

  "The guy we saw in the woods the other day." Scott confirmed.

"Yeah! Yes, but that's not it okay?" Stiles hurried, shuffling through the papers on his desk.

"What, then?" Scott questioned.

    "Remember the joke from yesterday? Not a joke anymore. The wolf. The bite in the woods. I started doing all this reading. Do you even know why a wolf howls?" Stiles quickly asked.

"Should I?" Scott raised his eyebrows.

  "It's a signal, okay? When a wolf's alone, it howls to signal its location to the rest of the pack. So- if you heard a wolf holing, that means others could have been nearby." Stiles explained, taking small pacing steps.

"Maybe-" He shrugged. "Even a whole pack of them."

   "A whole pack of wolves?" I asked. Stiles shook his head.

"No, werewolves."

  There goes that words again. Werewolves. By Scott's expression, he didn't look too happy about it.

"Are you seriously wasting my time with this? You know I'm picking up Allison in an hour." Scott scoffed, annoyed.

   "I saw you on the field today, Scott. Okay? What you did wasn't just amazing, it was impossible." Stiles said, referencing Scott's flip at practice.

"Yeah, so I made a good shot." Scott shrugged.

  "No, you made an incredible shot. I mean, the way you moved, your speed, your reflexes. People just can suddenly do that overnight." Stiles tried to prove his point even more. Stiles was right, but I mean, I didn't know what to believe.

"And- and there's the vision and the senses, and don't even think that I don't notice you don't need your inhaler anymore." Stiles continued, which just made Scott more annoyed.

  "Okay!" Scott huffed. "Dude, I can't think about this now. We'll talk tomorrow."

   "Tomorrow? What? No! The full moons tonight. Don't you get it?" Stiles panicked.

  "What are you trying to do?" Scott snapped. "I just made first line. I got a date with a girl who I can't believe wants to go out with me, and everything in my life is somehow perfect. Why are you trying to ruin it?"