Tattered Book

Nadia sat beside Pietro running her hands through his hair. He had been tossing and turning unconsciously for hours now, and no doctor could figure out why. All Doctor Cho could figure out was that it was related to the poison similar to the one in Wanda. However, the toxin in Pietro was more complicated and couldn't be isolated.

Nadia heard Cho speaking outside the room, not fully understanding what she was saying. She sounded weary. Footsteps sounded by the door, they were tentatively taken, and uneven. Nadia could tell it was Wanda.

Wanda opened the door to the room, her eyes immediately falling on her twin brother.

Nadia backed away from Pietro as Wanda ran to her brother.

"He'll wake up, yes?" Wanda asked from her brother's side.

Dr. Cho nodded, then left Wanda alone.

"Nadia, what happened?" Wanda asked, switching languages.

"He came back to the room to get a jacket and suddenly collapsed. I told the interpreters all the details already. He said something about his head. Did you feel anything?"

Wanda shook her head. "I was sleeping."

Nadia looked down. "He was going to help me out when he came back... I should have caught on to Roman back when he was acting oddly, I could have stopped this all before it started."

Wanda looked to Nadia sadly. "You said you were good friends, right?"

Nadia nodded.

"Then you couldn't have known."

The two girls' conversation drifted off into a somber silence that got interrupted by the sharp noise of the door opening. Clint walked in slowly, not wanting to break the silence in the room. Clint's eyes softened visibly at the sight of Pietro unconscious with Nadia and Wanda at his side.

"We were supposed to leave for the mission, but he never reported in... I heard what happened but I had to go see for myself. Wanda, do you know if he's going to be alright?"

"Dr. Cho said he passed out from the pain and he'll be fine with some rest," Wanda explained.

"That's good to hear. We had a lead on Natasha's whereabouts and needed him to help, but the problem is... We don't know how long the lead will be valid-if it's even true," Clint said.

Wanda ran her hand through her twin's hair mindlessly. "I have to say, it is weird without her lurking around."

Nadia only understood that the two of them were speaking about Natasha being missing, and sad at the assassin's disappearance. Nadia hadn't known Natasha for long, yet she felt she understood Natasha. They'd really only interacted back in Sokovia and both had wanted the same thing; to rescue Wanda. Both wouldn't give in to each other for loyalty.

Nadia, understanding Wanda and Clint wanted a more private conversation, got up to leave.

"Wait!" Wanda called.

Nadia stopped before the door.

"I'll make sure to tell you when he gets up... I know you two..." Wanda trailed off, not knowing how to word what she wanted to say.

"Kiss each other in secret. Man you should have seen their reaction when I saw them," Clint spoke.

"He knows our language?" Nadia squeaked, while willing her face not to heat up.

Wanda shook her head. "He only understands it, he can't speak it."

Nadia nodded, then left the room embarrassed.