Chapter 25 - Sleepless night's

Whenever the Prophet (ﷺ) lay down for sleep at night, he would place his (right) hand under his (right) cheek and supplicate: "Allahumma bismika amutu wa ahya [O Allah, with Your Name will I die and live (wake up)]." And when he woke up, he would supplicate: "Al-hamdu lillahil-ladhi ahyana ba'da ma amatana, wa ilaihin-nushur (All praise is due to Allah, Who has brought us back to life after He has caused us to die, and to Him is the return)."

[Al-Bukhari].

Sunnah.com reference : Book 5, Hadith 4
Arabic/English book reference : Book 5, Hadith 817

Amjad P.O.V

I wish I could stay with her. I didn't want her to go through this ordeal alone. I wanted to stay for me. She was stronger than me and there was no way she would stop me and she was being reasonable. I admired her courage.

Travelling to Ireland was hectic, the halt in Germany took around eight hours and I was tired. The first thing I did after reaching my apartment was, call her. She was pretending hard to sound cheerful, I could sense that she was crying. We spoke for a while and I slept for some time. I had used up all my holidays and couldn't afford to be sick.

I was given a grand welcome at work and they all demanded for a party, since I never went for parties in Ireland, I bought them lunch and they were happy. I told my colleagues that I would become a father soon. I cherished the memory of my child's heartbeat and I couldn't wait for my baby's arrival.

I started buying toys and clothes. I know it was very early and there was still time but the cute toys and clothes beckoned me from the glass windows and I didn't mind indulging a bit for my child.

Marjaan P.0.V

The days were very long and the nights longer. I refused to go downstairs, everyone tried cheering me up. I cried all the time. Things were happening so fast. My heart scolded me every second for letting him go.

But I was adamant; l tried my best to conceal my emotions when he called. We were accustomed to each other so much that it hurt to be apart and he would have sensed my sadness the same way I sensed his tiredness.

I tried hard to concentrate in my studies, it helped to an extent during the day. Nights were even more difficult. I couldn't sleep....at all. I couldn't sleep during daytime, I had bags under my eyes and I started binge eating because of all the stress.

I thought the tears would stop as days passed, but, I didn't know where my body had stored all these tears.

He would Skype me daily and we would speak for hours. He had a job and I had to study so we would communicate through chats and email. He would message me whenever he had time and I would send his long mails whenever I could.

Afreen would come and stay with me and that was a huge relief, she would joke non-stop and slowly with time I was getting back to my original self.

We had scheduled timings for the calls so that we wouldn't miss each others calls. He would always call soon after work and my life was on my phone. When I get his call l get very happy and when the call gets over I become gloomy again.

I had an exam on advertising the next day and I spent my time studying, there was a lot to catch up.

I checked my phone and saw couple of messages.

Sunshine: how are you, chubby, did you eat your vitamins? Don't get too worried about exams; you will get good grades as usual.

Sunshine: I have made my bank account into joint account, once the formality is over Faizal will give you the card and cheque book.