Chapter 27

Looking around my cell… around me… I could only see writing. The Sharpie literally took up every square inch of space, barely allowing anyone to see in or out of my cell. Obviously people could still look in, because I was glancing at all the amused and surprised faces of my inmates.

“What?” I grinned. “It was too white.”

“Now it’s a little too black,” Joker chuckled.

“Granted, it makes me a lot calmer,” I smiled to myself as I glanced at all the larger of the doodles. There were cute and deadly dragons on my ceiling and on the wall with Selina. A pair of angry eyes gazed down at me from the top-most edge of the cat and mine’s wall; no idea why those are there. On my front wall, the one with my door, a big Cheshire grin was drawn in bold black with mischievous eyes smiling down over the ghostly smile. The wall I shared with the most complicated carbon-based life form held spots of angry lines and zigzags. The ceiling had another set of scary eyes in the center, accompanied by hearts that were ripped in half and bleeding; very graphically if I might add. My back wall was covered in mainly just words, but there were a few more Cheshire grins. My floor was covered in more words and scribbles; no drawings.

“I guess I had a lot to get out,” I chuckled, walking over to the back wall to read a few lines.

I’m a whole new level of freak.

You’re not out of luck, you just think too much.

I blinked rapidly, trying to process what I was reading. My eyes started to sting as I walked around to the wall I shared with Selina.

You could never be me.

You’re a failure.

I’m no angel.

I ran to my front wall, trying to escape. It didn’t get any better.

Only a few people care, the rest are just curious.

Is it all in my head?

Turning my head, Edward’s wall pulled me in with false hope that my mind might yet be saved.

We all have stories we’ll never tell.

I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.

Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.

In desperation, I looked up and stared into the eyes while the words surrounding them seeped into my head as well.

This is where I start to have fun.

I was lying.

I’m afraid, okay?

Don’t look into her eyes; she might steal your soul.

I don’t want to do this anymore.

I fell to my knees with tears rolling down my face. My hands hit the ground before my face did, allowing me to gaze upon the last face of my torture.

There’s no such thing as normal.

If you don’t want a sarcastic answer, don’t ask stupid questions.

Big or small, lies are lies.

I will drown in this fear.

Nothing makes me happier, and sadder, than you.

You’re so weak.

This is the end.

You can’t continue, Katrina.

“Stop it!” I yelled, silencing the unsuspecting criminals and guards down the long hallways. “Just, stop it!”