Chapter 14 - Don't Let Me Go

''Yeah, I get that, Tanner." Haze sighed, tired of being on the phone.

I had been watching Haze fight with his brother on the phone for about 10 minutes. Which by the way, reminded me of the whole Tanner thing. I kissed a guy whose brother once violently attacked me and strangled me.

Lovely.

''Fine, fine. Stop yelling. I'm on my way." He said annoyed and hang up. He put his phone back in his pocket and his eyes found their way back to me.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to act. There was no way in hell we were kissing again. I was not kissing the devil even if he looked like an angel, okay? I caught myself staring at his lips for a brief second. He was an incredibly good kisser though..

Winter, stop it.

''Sorry about that. Family stuff, you know." He apologized, looking at my face trying to identify what I could possibly be feeling in this instant.

''No, don't worry about it. It's alright. It's getting late, we should get going anyway," I looked away, avoiding his eyes. He opened his mouth to speak but I interrupted him by getting up and making my way to the car. Instantly, I heard him sigh behind me.

I was falling for the guy everybody told me not to fall for. I had never felt so stupid in my entiere life.

Except that one time in math class when I was not listening and I answered 10 to 2+2.

Or that one time I choked on my chicken nuggets at McDonald and almost died in front of my third grade crush, George Bay.

So as you can guess, Bay never became bae.

* laughter eventually become sobs *

Yeah, not the point.

The ride home was very silent. There was an unbearable tension in the air and I couldn't help but wonder if Haze felt it too. How could he not? It was all I could think about. He turned on the radio, probably to try and make the atmosphere bearable.

''If you don't want to take it slow. And you just wanna take me home. Baby say Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah, yeah, and let me kiss you."

Oh, the irony.

I looked at Haze from the corner of my eyes and I saw him smirk.

He was smirking.

Smirking.

As in, he thought the sexual tension mixed with -we kissed and now it's weird tension- in the car was funny.

Excuse me bad boy but I'm dying over here.

I am usually a big fan of awkard moments. I like causing them, witnessing them. But this one. This one was a pain in the ass.

''The fight is in two days, you know that right?" He finally said, breaking the silence, as we approached my house.

''How could I forget?" I whispered, hating the idea of seeing my cousin and Haze fight. ''You won't... You wouldn't actually.." I paused, ''kill him, would you?" He turned off the radio. I guess One Direction's song was not appropriate background music for this conversation.