Chapter 31:

Alexia's POV:

The first night of my heat was hell. I was sweating like a sinner in church and just wanted to sit out in the snow, but if Beck took his arms away from me, a pain so intense that stars burst behind my eyelids filled my body. Beck was the only thing that could keep the pain away, and even the little things like him getting up to go to the bathroom or calling a cook on the phone to have someone deliver us breakfast left me curled in a ball as pain wracked my body. 

I was only six hours in. I don't think I'll make it these next seven days. 

I bit my lip to keep from screaming, and I felt Beck run a hand over my head. 

"Why does it hurt so bad?" I whimpered. I was curled up in a ball, naked, on our bed, my head in his lap.

"I don't know princess," he said sadly. I gripped the leg of his sweatpants as a stabbing pain hit my abdomen. 

"My mom was never like this," I forced out between gritted teeth.

"It's probably because Rhea isn't here right now." He murmured. I gasped and cried out as I felt the heat accumulate in my head and literally force the tears from my eyes.

"Beck please," I cried.

"Honey, you need a break. You have to rest." He said as he bent to kiss my mark. Simple kisses kept the heat away for about a minute and give me a bit of relief, but it always came back stronger than it was before. 

"Please just touch me," I said. 

"Let's go run you an ice bath." He said and lifted me up. 

"I-I don't want an ice b-bath," I groaned. He hushed me and lifted me, carrying me into the bathroom. "Beck please. I need you to touch me." I whimpered. 

"Lex, look at me." he cupped my cheeks in his palms, "We've been at it for hours, and it's only making your heat worse. You need to cool down okay? Leo is about to break all sense of control i have left and stake his claim. But i don't want to make it any worse." 

I let out a strangled moan as he sat me down on the floor. I gasped from the lack of contact as he began to dump bags of ice into the tub of already cold water. 

"I know I know it hurts baby I'm sorry," he said and lifted me up again, kissing my mark. He laid my body in the chilly water and each drop of water felt like a shard of glass digging into my skin. "You'll be numb in a minute. Don't cry, Lex." 

"Can't you call Blake? M-maybe he knows what's wrong." I murmured and looked up at him. He sighed and placed a hand on my neck rubbing his thumb over my mark. 

"I'll try but he probably can't come see you."

"Why?"

"Your scent is so strong...Either i'll try to kill him for coming near you, or he'll go crazy and try to give you what you need." He murmured. I groaned and tried to cover myself more with ice. it burned my skin in a different way. Have you ever played in the snow too long and you went so numb that it started to burn? That's what I was feeling but it wasn't just in my fingertips, it was in my whole body. Suddenly his hand left my neck and I whimpered. "Shh I'll be right back I just have to get my phone." 

He came back and sat on the steps to the tub. He kept his hand pressed to my mark again and I closed my eyes. Then I heard his soft voice. 

"Hey Blake?"

"Yeah I just needed your help with something. Alexia went into heat last night and she's not doing too good." 

"No we have...a lot... Look we've mated a lot okay, i would know i was there...Well yeah Blake I know that's kind of the point of her heat...No listen to me...every time we do her heat only gets worse...She's in an ice bath right now...No she's melting the ice that's how warm she is...No her wolf hasn't come back yet...What am I supposed to do?...No I can't keep doing that to her...Are you sure there's nothing else I can do?" He sighed and rubbed his temples. "Okay I'll try that. Thank you." He hung up and tossed the phone onto the floor beside the tub. His feet dangled into the water and he lifted my head onto his lap.