Childhood Bestfriends with Hollywood's Golden Boypart21

Copyright.

Chapter 21

I sat back in the wooden seat, occasionally sipping my tea as I patiently scanned the opposite sidewalks pedestrians wandering down the street. My seat was partially shaded from the midday summer sun, enjoying warm the breeze in the air as I checked my watch.

12: 16pm 

I smiled; she was due to arrive about this time I guess. Maybe in a few more minutes…

Marissa is always late.  If you add fifteen or twenty minutes onto whatever time you say you’re meeting her and that’s when she’s likely to arrive. Usually a little breathless from power walking in designer high heels from wherever she parked her car, her long wavy brown hair flying behind her and a cheeky, yet apologetic smile on her face.

I smiled at the waitress as she walked past and she smiled back in recognition.

Both Marissa and I had been coming to the small ‘Blueberry’ café since we were in our early teens, spending hours chatting as we sipped our drinks. Walking past one day we had both fallen in love with the sweet lavender painted café with high glass windows, light blue vinyl booths and rustic looking wooden outside tables. We were pretty well known by the owner Zoe and some of her waitresses, so they knew I was waiting for Marissa to arrive.

I sipped my tea again, letting my mind wander to this morning.

When I woke up I was under the covers, sleeping next to Ari, who must have changed to go to bed; his bare tanned chest uncovered. He had looked so sweet laying there asleep, the late morning light casting a golden light over his features made my heart tug at how lucky I was to have him in my life.

I glanced at my alarm, which read 10: 53 am.

Not wanting to wake him, I quietly slid out of bed and silently picked out my clothes for the day from my chest of draws, before I went into the bathroom where I could get ready without disturbing him. When I came out dressed in black jean shorts, converse and white t-shirt with ‘Trust’ written across the front in black letters, I collected my phone, wallet and car keys from my dresser, glancing back at Ari to check I hadn’t woken him. 

I watched Ari for a second; taking in his messy hair, the indented line of muscles on his chest, the slight fluttering of his eyelids, the subtly muscular line of his arm splayed across the bed.

He was beautiful and in my bed.

Fighting the urge to wake him up, to see his smile before I kiss his lips, I walked over to my bedside table, grabbing a pen and paper to write him a note;

Morning sleepy head,

I’ve gone to meet Marissa, my mobiles on if you want to meet up with us.

Have fun in your interview.

I’ll see you later

Ella xx