Chapter 23

The Rated R Version of this chapter is in my profile. Look under my Works, at the story titled Private Chapters.

Chapter 23

Charlotte’s POV

“Are you trying to kill me?”

“Is that what I’m doing?”

Instead of replying, Caine’s eyes roamed over my body. “It looks like it,” he said, making his way over to me.

“Well I’m not the one insisting on waiting,” I told him, teasingly.

His eyes had grown dark, and his canines were out. I loved when his Werewolf side came out, even if it was just a mild appearance. Caine lost control, if only for a couple of minutes whenever it happened. That was enough for me to distract him.

“I’m simply asking if you like it. I can see that you do,” I commented.

The pack was going to have a get together nearby a lake on the north side of our territory. There was going to be plenty of food, some games for the younger pups, and people getting in the water. For the occasion, Macon had accompanied me to the mall. He didn’t know what I went to buy, but I was sure he could imagine it.

I purchased a one piece bathing suit, which on my backside, dipped down to my lower back. I had no intention of only wearing that to the get together, but I did try it on for Caine’s amusement.

He had seen me in less, that being completely nude, but he still reacted whenever I was wearing very little clothes. I liked that.

“For my eyes only,” Caine said, softly pushing me down over the bed.

“Are we going to play this game again?”

Caine laid down over me, his knee pushing my legs apart, and making our position feel more intimate. While I was exposed to him in my blue bathing suit, he was still wearing all of his clothes.

“What game?” Caine asked in a husky voice, his head nestled in my neck, while his hand was running over the side of waist.

“This game,” I meekly replied, feeling the effects of having him pressed to me. “Where you make me think something is going to happen, and then nothing does.”

He chuckled at my words, the sound vibrating through his chest and down to my body. It only made the situation worse for me. His knee was rubbing on a certain part of me that was making it hard to concentrate on anything.

“Soon…” Caine whispered against my neck.

I groaned inwardly at his words. They sounded more like torture than a promise. I still couldn’t understand how Caine was quick to kill other Wolves, but he wanted to do the right thing with me and not ‘take advantage’ of me, as he always called it.

One month later…

“Waking up?” Caine asked, taking a seat beside me on the bed.

I groaned when his hand slid over my stomach and around my waist. “It’s early,” I whined.

Caine chuckled, and leaned down over me to kiss my cheek. “It’s eight thirty.”

“Like I said, it’s early.” I shoved his hand away, and brought the blanket over my head to block out the sunlight seeping into the room. I had no doubt that Caine had pulled back the curtains on purpose.