Chapter 21

The baby photo is what I think Bonami would look like, and yes I know that the age is older than a couple of days old but this baby is just so cute.
Play music as you read chapter

I sat by her bedside, wishing and waiting for her beautiful eyes to open. It's been 24 hours since she came out of surgery, and it's been touch and go. The doctors said that her heart had stopped during surgery and if they continued then she would have died. When her doctor told us, that I came unglued.

I had lunged at the man, yelling curses at him and I got a couple of punches in. The security had to restrain me and didn't allow me to be alone in her room. Two guards were outside but one of them kept flirting with the desk nurse.

I breathed in softy and let out a frustrating sigh, they would be taking her back into surgery any minute. I took her hand into mine, careful to not mess up any wires. Larry had to explain to me all the different wires and machines and how they worked.

I wished I could have given her my strength, then she would have been better. I kissed her hand gently, holding it against my cheek, her skin was cool and soft. I closed my eyes and hummed a lullaby I remember my mom would sing to me when I didn't feel well.

Everyone else had their chance to say their goodbyes to her, as if they swore she wouldn't come out alive. Only Larry and I told her that we would see her after surgery.

Bonami was being taken care of everyone in the family besides Nick for the past 24 hours. I mostly took care of him, learning how to feed him and swaddle him and change his clothes. I won't however change his diaper, that just makes me grimace at the sight.

Natasha's mom had Bonami for the hour before she would go home and take a shower and nap. "Sir, it's time for me to take Ms. Daley down to surgery. You need to wait in the lobby." A doctor said from the door way, I looked out the glass wall and saw that the guards had left, I nodded my head "Can I walk her down?"

"Only till we say so." I stood, still holding her hand looking down at her face one more time.

Her dark brown hair was spread out on her pillow, falling in soft curls. Her eyelashes were lightly touching her cheeks giving her an angelic look.

I bent down and kissed her forehead one last time before I let the team of doctors start to take her away.

As we made our way down the hallway, I held her hand as her mom held the other one with eyes blurred with tears. I hadn't had time to cry over her, she wasn't dead yet and to me tears are a sign of weakness.

Larry and Nick followed behind as Bonami was being taken care of her stepdad in the lobby. "Sir, it's time for us to take her to surgery." I looked up from Natasha's face to see everyone waiting for me to let go. I kissed her cheek and whispered into her ear, "I swear I will do whatever it takes to make you better."

As they wheeled her into the hall, and as the doors started to close so did my heart, as my life felt like it was ending. I fell down to my knees and folded my hands.

I tried to figure out a way to pray to her God, maybe he would help her.

I prayed a thousand times to every Egyptian god I knew that would help her.

I felt tears prick the corners of my eyes as I tried so hard to pray to her God but I didn't know what to say besides please don't take the girl.

"Ahkmenrah, honey let me take you and Bonami home. Both of you need rest and you need something to eat. The doctors said it could take eight hours." I nodded and took her offer.

-----------------------

Bonami was down for a nap, he was already fed and changed before I got into the shower. The hot water poured onto me, I placed my hands on the wall letting the water scold my skin.

Memories of us flashed through my head, us meeting all the way up to seeing her be wheeled down to surgery.

I promised her that I would do whatever it takes to make her well again, and I will keep that promise.

I banged my fist onto the tile, frustrated from minutes of not remembering from my past life how people could live under such conditions; feeling completely useless as they watch their loved ones suffer.

The water had begun to turn cold, quickly I washed my hair and started scrubbing my body. From becoming mortal again, I was surprised to find some old battle scars from my past. One struck out to me more than the others.

A stab wound in my abdomen, from when I had plunged it to to myself as I saw Kalyan lay dead with our son. As I felt the scar it had hit me like a ton of bricks.

Anubis. The Egyptian God of death, it was a ritual...more like a sacrifice to him that some Egyptians made in exchange for life. When a loved one was deathly ill, dying, or recently dead, another loved one can sacrifice themselves to Anubis and the sick person will live.

It had worked personally before for me.

I heard crying from the nursery, I looked at the clock and realised that it was time for dinner. I quickly made a bottle for Nami before I made my way to his crib.

His cries were soon turned to a whimper when I picked him up and sat in the rocking chair, as he suckled on his bottle I thought of my plan.

I sighed looking around the nursery that Natasha decorated, she made sure she made everything a rustic chic as she called it. Everything matched except for the cross that her friend Nate gave her months ago.

I smiled as I figured everything out. Nami fussed a bit as he wanted to be burped. After he laid finally burped I carried him back to mine and Natasha's room. I grabbed her phone and opened the camera.

I laid Bonami down on my chest, he gave a quick little smile as I snapped the picture of us. I held him in one hand as I set the picture to be her lock screen.

Still balancing him on one arm I snapped a quick picture of just me, smiling into the camera with a warm smile. We had taken many photos together, a bunch of silly ones but I wanted to make this a more serious one.

She would need a reminder of what I looked like. Not just the silly old pharaoh who loved to make people happy and smile, but the old pharaoh who was sympathetic, kind, honest and loving.

I called the neighbor to ask for a favor "Can you watch Bonami until Larry comes to pick him up? I need to do something." Pause "No you don't need to worry, everything is all right."

When the neighbor got here I thanked her, payed in advanced and raced out of the apartment with a few things.

I got into the car and sped off towards the museum.

So I have some news.

This is almost the end. There will be one more chapter after this and I will post an epilogue in the following week. I might take a little break until I start on a sequel. I do not own the second or third movie so until I have bought them I will be juggling between renting from the library and Red Box.

School starts up in a couple of days so don't expect the last chapter for a week maybe, I'm really wanting to go out with a bang here. I already have an ending and I already know you all are going to mentally kill me for the ending.

I do not know how long my writing break will be after the epilogue is published but I will post an authors note on this book when I'm back and when I start writing for the second book.

The title I'm probably am going to change but I think I might make it "Night at the Museum: Love never does" or I might just make it "Love never dies"

Who knows but I hope you did enjoy this chapter:)

With love,
Alyssa