Chapter Three

This chapter is quite longer than the past two, so I hope that's okay. Anyways, any feedback from you guys whatsoever is greatly appreciated. Thank you so so so much for reading!

~~~~~

After Rey had asked that question, Kylo had not replied. He just stood there, looking at her with that same detached look. She searched his eyes, but found nothing. They stared in silence for about 10 minutes. Rey looked down, breaking her line of sight to him. "Goodbye, Ben Solo." she turned around and walked towards the door. Just as she was about to pass into the stairwell, she turned around to find him staring at her. She hesitated for a second, trying to think of something to say to him that might make him consider joining them.

Her mind was blank. She turned back and began a trek back up the stairs. Maybe it was pointless. Maybe he would never turn good. He might never know he he truly is. The thought made Rey feel empty, dull even. For some unknown reason, she knew she had to at least try. She couldn't live with herself if she at least didn't try.

Rey exited through the small brown door of the shack and was surprised to see Finn still waiting.

"What are you still doing here?" she asked. "It's been at least an hour, hasn't it?"

Finn shrugged. "It's okay. I don't want you getting lost out here. All sorts of creatures that we haven't found yet," he gestured to the edges of the emerald green forest surrounding them as they walked. "How did the interrogation go?"

"Not bad, but not good," she glanced up at her friend. "I don't know what I'm supposed to say and I don't know how to say it without making him angry. He got mad in there. He punched the wall and make a sizeable dent. Might want to check that out, by the way." She made a note of where they were walking. Maybe she would come back later that night.

"He likes his tantrums. That's one of the most predictable things about him," Finn said. "Did he say anything about the First Order?"

"Said a lot, actually," Rey admitted. "Asked me to join him."

Finn raised an eyebrow. "Are you serious?"

Rey shrugged. "Why wouldn't I be? I'm sure that's the standard thing, 'oh, please join the First Order and free me!"".

They were almost back, now. She remembered seeing that stump on their way to see Kylo. "Actually, no." Finn replied. "He never brings up anything about the First Order, and when someone brings it up in front of him, his usual reaction is to call the nearest person an idiot."

Rey paused, processing the news. "So, why would he ask me about it?"

FInn stepped over a pile of foliage and they were into camp. He looked to face her. "Rey, next to Kylo, you're one of the most powerful force-users alive and well. It's no wonder he wants you. If the First Order had you had their dispense, the Resistance would have no chance."

But she wasn't as powerful as she thought she was. Rey had thought she had beaten Kylo. In reality, he had only spared her. Tried to save her, as he put it. Kylo had said that she was powerful, but was it enough to save everyone from the First Order? She didn't know.

Of course, she didn't want to tell anyone the news of her fake victory. It would certainly lead to Master Luke taking her back to train. No one would believe in her as much as they did right now. The hope for a new Jedi would be diminished and people would start doubting the Resistance's strength. No, she had to keep this a secret. Not for her own ego, but for the sake of her friends.

"I guess you're right," she said tentatively. "Now," she began, changing the subject. "Would you like to do the honor of showing me around camp?" She smiled at him.