65

Tori

     "Stark, are you paying any attention to me?" Fury hisses.
I sit at the long table with my head propped up by my hand. I don't pay any attention to Fury's words, only Steve in my mind.
"Director Fury," Agent Maria Hill says. "Don't be so hard on her. Her brother and the man that she is in a relationship with just left to go on a dangerous mission miles and miles away. At least have some sympathy."
"Stark!" Fury thunders.
I immediately look up to the head of the table where Fury sits.
"Yes, sir?" I ask, my voice cracking.
"I would like for you to pay attention to what I'm saying."
"Yes, sir." I say, looking to him.
"Thank you," he sighs. "Now, as I was saying, we have an antidote for Stark which will be used in later situations. Now, Stark, have you made up your mind about taking the antidote?"
"Yes," I respond, remembering what Steve said to me last night. "I'm not going to take it."
"What?"
"I am not going to take the antidote."
"Why, exactly? Especially after you frosted my hallways yesterday."
"I need to learn to control it, I understand that. But I've already saved lives with it."
"Fair enough," Fury sighs. "So, we are not using the antidote on her anytime soon. Anyway, we need to keep a close eye on the Avengers that are on the mission in Italy. It's an important mission and I don't want anything to go wrong. I have already given those their certain jobs, so that is done. I think this meeting has come to a close."
Every agent that sits at the table stands up and leaves the room. Bruce and I stand, but stop when our names are called.
"Banner, I have everything for you set up in the lab, so you can go. Stark, you're coming with me." Fury says.
"Good luck," Bruce whispers to me as he leaves the room.
I gulp and follow the man in black. He leads me out of the meeting room and into a room I haven't been in before. It is dark and has something in the middle of the room.
"Please sit," Fury says.
I quickly scan the room for a chair. I see one at the end of a table, and Fury sits at the other end. I sit in it, twiddling my thumbs underneath the table. A light turns on and I can see the room. It has padded walls and there are papers in front of Fury.
"Why are we in an interrogation room?" I ask.
"Because I need to ask you a few questions." Fury says.
"Okay," I say, unsure of what to do.
"You were there in the fires the other night, am I correct?"
     "Yes,"
     "Tell me everything that you did from when you first saw the fire and when you left the scene."

•••

     I tell Fury every little thing that happened, whether it was dialogue or actions. He listens carefully, not missing a single detail.
     "Okay, so, you saw the fire after it had spread?"
     "Yes,"
     "Look at this video," he says, turning on the holographic table.
     A video appears, showing the entrance of the first building. There is a woman behind the desk who does paperwork. The front door opens and she greets them. It is a black haired man in a blue suit, carrying a black briefcase.
     "I have an appointment with John Robinson." the man says in a British accent.
     "Fifth floor, sir." the lady responds.
     "Thank you," he says. "I also have this for Samuel Marshall."
     The man gives a small baseball sized ball to the woman. It has a glowing red dot on it and vein details on it.
Fury pauses the footage. "See that ball? Banner is examining it now." He plays the video.
"Thank you, I will give it to him tomorrow." the receptionist says, glancing at the camera.
The man in blue snaps his fingers at her, gaining her attention. He gives her a death stare and goes to the elevator. The woman puts the ball underneath her desk and steps back.
I see the ball spring up to the desk, attaching itself to the bottom of it. I hear a faint ticking sound that won't stop. Fury fast forwards the footage and stops it at the correct time.
The man in blue walks out with a different man wearing a black suit. They laugh at something one of them said and walk out of the building. The receptionist waves goodbye and steps out of the building herself, grabbing some papers with her. The desk catches on fire and the flames spread.
Fury rewinds the video to where the two men are walking out of the elevator.
"Do you recognize either of these men?" Fury asks me.
I stare at the men, looking at every detail. The one wearing blue catches my eye. He has tan skin and defined facial features, such as his jaw and cheek bones. I go through my memories, trying to find out where I've seen him before.
     "The man wearing blue," I say.
     "Do you know where you've seen him before?" Fury asks.
     "I-I think when we went to that base in London."
     "Correct," he says. "His name is Matthew Williams. He was with John Robinson when he walked out."
"John Robinson," I mumble. "He was on the walkie talkie in London."
"It all connects," Fury says. "And you're the one who knows the most."