1

"Victor, get your ass up," said the prison guard, and Victor's eyes flew open.

Victor heard clanking on the prison bars, and his vision was a little blurry but he began to wake up slowly. He rolled his head, letting off the tension that the bars around his head were creating. Victor sat up from his metal bed, placing his elbows on his knees, and eyed the prison guard warily. Victor was curios as to why he was waking him up so early in the morning, it wasn't lunch time yet.

"What?" Victor said, "Why are you waking me up this early?"

Victors voice was raspy and deep from sleep, he reached up to scratch the back of his neck, his forearm flexing as he did so. He cleared his throat and stood up at a staggering height of six-five, and was built like a bull. He curled his fingers into a fist and released them, flipping his right hand over to examine  the scrapes on his knuckles from yesterday's fight. Victor thought his hands were healing quite fast, compared to most of the bumps and scrapes he got in this prison. The prison was hell for Victor, but he did this to himself, and he had to keep his own to survive or he could end up killed by some rapist pig.

"You're being released for Parole," The prison guard clarified.

Victors eyes almost bulged out of his skull from surprise, how the hell had this happened? Victor wasn't supposed to be released for eight more years, he was intended to serve ten years in prison, so far he had only spent two inside the jail cell. No matter the circumstances, Victor was free and he wasn't giving that up.

The guard opened the prison door, and walked on slowly, he closed the door behind him and set down a pair of fresh clothes for Victor. The guard walked over to Victor and undid the metal bars around his mouth, it was placed there for punishment from yesterday's fight. Victor moved his hand to his jaw and moved it around easing some tension, then slapped his hand down on his thigh.

"Get dressed, you have five minutes," The Jail Gaurd said, walking out of the cell.

Victor stood up and went to the metal mirror on the wall, and looked at his reflection. Victor looked like a homeless man with his shoulder length wavy black hair and jaw stubble falling in just as much ratty waves as his hair. They didn't get to groom much in prison, mainly because anything with a razor in it was considered a dangerous weapon. They usually got monthly cuts if they had the money after doing kitchen work. Victor tuned his thought to getting dressed and did so fast he only had a few minutes. He stripped out of his orange suit and white wife beater throwing them on the bed. Victor gathered his belongings putting them in a backpack also placed with the clothes.

The Gaurd came back to the jail cell and opened the bars waiting for Victor to immerse into the white hallway. Victor walked cautiously, making sure it wasn't just a trick, and it wasn't. The guard nodded to Victor to follow him. Victor did so, and walked down the long strip of hallway, looking at the other men sleeping some where leaning on the bars glaring at him mumbling things under their breath. Victor didn't mind he was used to the attention, they all wanted him dead, he was considered , the fighter of the prison.

He walked passed a series of gates until he reached the last one, the officer behind the window in a box looking office reached out there hand through a little square window.

"Give me your finger," The man said, gesturing. The man continued to poke and prod at Victor explaining the protocol since he was going to be released into the world.

Victor gave him his finger and the officer copied his fingerprint onto a piece of paper. The gate beeped and the guard looked at Victor: "You are free to go."

Victor nodded and walked out of the gates, he was free, but only if his behavior was good. Victor pulled on the strap of his backpack looking around until he spotted a black lemo, he leered at it suspiciously. That must have been the man who paid his parole. He walked up to the car cautiously, trying to get a good look at the man through the black Windows but it was no use. A man inside the car stepped out, in a very primed suit and opened the car door.