Preference #1 • Friends

Asher:

You two first met when you were both young teenagers. Being short and still having some baby-fat, kids used to pick on you and call you mean names such as 'little piggy'. One day, Asher found you crying in the stables. He asked you why you were crying, and after you told him he immediately went after the kids who bullied you. From that day on, those kids never bothered you again.

Rodrik:

You grew up with the Forrester family; your father was a blacksmith who worked closely with Gregor and Ser Royland. You were close friends with the twins, Talia and Ethan, and you never really hung out with the others. However, on days when Ethan and Talia were off writing music together, you would wander the town. Often enough, you found yourself watching as Ser Royland trained Rodrik, the oldest son. This day was no different; you were off by the stables, watching from afar. When Rodrik's gaze suddenly met yours, you couldn't help but to smile, which he returned.

Ethan:

You were a Glenmore child, the youngest sibling to Arthur and Elaena. Often more than not, you were found running around The Grove with the Forrester children. As the years passed, your siblings gained House responsibilities, leaving you alone. One day you were seeking entertainment, so you snuck out of your family's stronghold and fled to the Ironwood Grove. It was there that you found Ethan alone, playing his lute. You watched silently from the sidelines, until he called you out with a smirk on his face. Apparently, you had been humming along to the music he played. You explained your love for music, and you two bonded instantly.

Gared:

You two first met at The Wall. He had caught your eye when he first arrived, and you insisted on being the one to spar with him the day after. You two fought equally with swords, eventually having to call it a tie. As the day went on, you two bonded quickly; you even managed to stop Finn - your brother - from punching the shit out of Gared when he defended Cotter. The next day when you all went out to take your vows, you confided in Gared -- telling him that you were actually a girl, in disguise as a man. You told him that only Finn, Frostfinger, and Jon Snow knew, and he swore to keep it a secret.

Cotter:

You grew up on your own, used to having to hunt solely for yourself, and having to defend yourself. One day when you were hunting your dinner, a White Walker attacked you and caught you off guard. Having never faced one before, you had no clue that you would have to burn it to kill it. You wound getting wounded pretty badly, and you forced yourself to accept your fate. However, when the White Walker suddenly caught on fire and an older teenage boy came to your aid, you realised that you wouldn't die alone. Even though you were prepared to die, he kept reassuring you that you were going to be fine. Fortunately for you, he was right.

Finn:

You knew him before he even knew you. He was the cocky asshole in the small town you lived in. You heard rumors of him sleeping around, using the young and naïve women. So when that day came along and he approached you, you denied him bluntly. When he asked you why, you ended up scolding him -- telling him that his good looks and charm didn't affect every woman. You both realised what you had said; your cheeks flushed, and he smirked at you. "You think I'm good-looking?"

Jon Snow:

You were one of the few people who volunteered to work at The Wall; you had no greater wish than to protect people, even if it meant risking your life. You knew that they wouldn't accept a woman, or at least not without a lot of difficulty, so you disguised yourself as a man. You were just as good at fighting as the rest of the men, if not better than some of them. After taking your vows, you started your work as a Ranger by taking a shift on top of The Wall. It was rather simple, just walk around and make sure that the wildlings don't start any trouble. After several days of duty upon The Wall, you started conversing with Jon Snow quite often. It started with him praising your fighting skills, then small talk of his adventures. And after a while, he opened up to you and told you about his family, House Stark.

Jojen:

Your first meeting with Jojen was rather strange, really. He and Meera had come home from hunting (Meera hunted, Jojen just helped carry the animal corpses.) Neither of them were expecting to find some random girl curled up by the fireplace, wearing torn rags and noticeably soaked. Meera was approaching the situation cautiously, whereas Jojen just allowed you to stay there. When you woke up, you found him staring at you, and you began to panic. You tried to leave, but was stopped by Meera, who then forced you to explain why you were in their home. You told them your story, and after a long silence, you were given the opportunity to stay with them.

Ramsay:

When you were very young, your parents were killed by the Boltons for reasons unknown to you. Roose Bolton, the head of House Bolton, took you in. You grew up with Ramsay, although somehow you managed not to be tormented or tortured by the sadistic boy. He often brought you to watch him flay men alive, or allowed you to join him on hunts for young women he let loose in the woods. Unlike everybody else who found his hobbies disturbing and inhumane, you didn't mind them. You found that hunting people rather than animals was exciting, and you enjoyed the archery lessons with Ramsay. However, you did fear his hounds -- or rather, watching as they ripped apart the helpless women that you were hunting. With anyone else he would've forced them to face their fear so he could enjoy their misery, but he never once forced you to watch the hounds feast on their human prey.

Theon:

You knew him to be your father's Ward. You didn't know much about him, aside from his name being Theon Greyjoy. He usually hung out with your older brothers, Robb and Jon, but whenever you approached to talk he always had somewhere else to be. After a while you assumed that he was avoiding you, which angered you, but also made you sad. After nearly a week of your sorrowful mood, Jon questioned you worriedly. You ended up spilling all of your feelings, which made him laugh. He told you not to worry -- but said nothing more. Later that same day you ran into Theon, when he explained that he hadn't been avoiding you purposely. Rather, he had just been called away to help at very inconvenient moments. You two shared a laugh, and from that day on you two began striking conversation whenever the chance presented itself.

~~~~~

That was my first preference ever -- so please forgive me if it was shit.