As Brittle As Quicksilver

The Creators were once the warriors on Gallifrey's front lines. The claims they carried the powerful Vortex were true. What few ever knew was that the casualties far outnumbered the survivors.

After playing the Master's wife and being held back from the Bond with the Doctor, the Alchemist has held the Vortex at bay for over a year. Having control is one thing. Maintaining control is something different. And with one year's difference in not using her gift, the Alchemist's control is slipping.

Regaining contol means her survival. Losing control leads to her certain death. Her source of strength in her battle is the Doctor, but the Master's separation has held back their Bond.

With such a Bond unfinished, and with the Alchemist's life on the line, the Time Lords' relationship has never been more brittle.

The Alchemist was the strength once Rose was gone. Now it's the Doctor's turn, alongside Donna Noble, to ensure the Alchemist doesn't break.

***

I feel like this storyline is just so cliché, but it fits. From the beginning, the Alchemist has always put in the open how she was the ultimate survivor. In the end, she turns into the wannabe survivor. Really, there's no way anyone walks away from the year that never ends and nothing changes them. Don't worry, her character doesn't change that much - she's just a bit more careful about what she does. Her sense of humor has not faded one bit. ;)

We'll just need to see how this ends.

Onto the main lady of the story! The Alchemist, on her tenth regeneration, has honey blonde hair she wears in a ponytail and sugar brown eyes, looking similar to her little sister, Rose Tyler. She wears a pale yellow sleeveless blouse, white jeans with a brown belt, brown horseback riding boots, a white jean jacket, and wears white sunglasses on top of her head. She is portrayed by Dianna Agron, and her theme is "Fantastic Voyage" by Future World Music.

Hang on, folks - this book could get bumpy, messy, and nasty at any second. All aboard!