Chapter 29:

EPILOGUE - few years later...

*********

Tara

"Mommy you done?" Hailee whined as I was finishing her hair for her big day.

"Almost." I answered.

Today is Hailee's 5th birthday and she is having a cupcake party at the pastry shop. We have the whole place decorated for her and plan to have a bunch of games for her and the other kids.

"Come on so we can go get your sandals from your room." I said.

"Zain I told you to get dressed after showering not hop back on that damn game." I said stopping in Zain's room to see what he was doing.

"Mom, why do I even have to go? That's a girl party anyways." Zain said.

"Because I said so, now come on Zain."

"You don't wanna come to my party?" Hailee asks in here baby voice looking sad.

Zain sighed, "No, I'm coming Hails."

"Okay, good!" She said running over jumping on him to hug him.

I laughed, "Come on girl. And Zain, game off." I said pointing to him knowing he'll most likely continue to play it.

Zain is now 14 and with age comes hardheadedness. He's still sweet and silly, but he's definitely a Clark.

"Mommy where's daddy?" Hailee asks as I was putting on her sandals.

"I'm right here lil mama." Dez came into the room scooping her up once I was done. "You gotta stop growing girl, I want you to be small forever. You gotta stay daddy's little girl forever, okay?"

"No, daddy I can't do that." She said with a laugh.

"Zain, why is that game still on?" I ask before I even enter his room knowing him.

"Nigga bring your ass on. You know you trash in them games anyway." Dez said joking with him.

"Yeah, right. You wish." Zain said with a chuckle turning the game off.

"Okay, come on guys. We're gonna be late." Hailee said pulling on me and Dez's hands.

"Okay, okay, okay." I said handing Dez his keys then grabbing my bag and we were out the door.

*

When we got to the shop Hailee was too excited when she seen how it was decorated and seeing every one of her family members and friends.

"I love it mommy!" She cheered running back over to us after. "Thank you, thank you daddy!"

"Ooh face painting! Come with me Zain." Hailee said grabbing her brothers hand.

"Mom, really?" Zain looks at me and asks.

"Pretty please." She asks giving him her babydoll eyes knowing he can't say no to her.

"Fine, but Shea and Micah gotta come to." Zain said.

"Really, just throw me under the bus." Micah said.

"I'll come with you baby cousin." Shea said never taking her eyes away from her phone.

"Shea, who the fuck are you texting?" Shaun asked while trying to look all into her phone.

"Dad, who said I'm even texting anybody. There are multiple apps I could be on." She said back.

Shea and her twin Micah I just recently turned 15. They got phones for their birthday and Shaun isn't handling it too well when it comes to his baby girl.