Conflicted (Ron Weasley)

We, Ginny and I, were sitting in the common room after having finally finished our homework. Occupying a corner of the common room we sat talking so quietly that no one else could hear us.

The conversation slowly drifted to Ginny's favourite topic as of late. It was as if she saw herself as some match maker that was destined to end what she my 'dry spell'. I'd already knew from past experience that letting Ginny match make was a big mistake.

"Come on," she whined when she realised that I wasn't paying attention to the conversation. "I'm good at match making – I've been told so by loads of people. I promise I'll set you up with someone good this time."

"Really?" I said in disbelief, raising an eyebrow. "Name one person that said that you're good at match making and I'll believe you."

"Alright, fine," she relented, "So no-one's said that before. But stop trying to distract me. Seeing how you wouldn't even think of giving Anthony Goldstein the time of day, what about Ernie Macmillan?"

I sighed knowing that there was no way for me to stop her. When she started talking about this topic, she wouldn't stop. After all, she was her mother's daughter.

"Ernie Macmillan?" I repeated cautiously, watching as she started to smile, believing that she had finally found someone that I wouldn't turn down. "No thanks."

Her smile deflated quickly and she narrowed her eyes. "Have you even spoken to Ernie once?"

"Have you?"

Ginny nodded her head unconvincingly before stopping, seemingly gaining enlightenment, "You're not still hung up on your ex are you?"

"No of course not," I insisted, wrinkling my nose slightly. "We've been broken up for over a year now Ginny. I said no to Ernie because I don't like him that way. And at least, out of the two of us, I have spoken to him before."

"Well who do you like then?" She asked patiently.

"It is possible for me to not like anyone at the moment." I answered, making Ginny roll her eyes as she looked away from me.

I let out a small internal sigh of relief, thankful that I was able to make my way through the conversation without revealing myself. She'd freak out if she ever found out who I liked. I mean, how in Merlin's name was I supposed to be able to tell Ginny who I fancied?

I fancied her brother, for Merlin's sake. I fancied Ronald Weasley and had done since fourth year. My crush was a secret, one that I would make sure to take to the grave. I had managed to keep it a secret from everyone. Or rather, almost anyone.

But, as per usual, both Hermione and Harry knew about my secret crush. They both seemed to have this knack for being able to uncover the secrets that I was desperately trying to hide from everyone. Thankfully Ron himself was clueless and that was through dumb luck alone. Harry had tried so many times to bring his attention to my crush that it was a miracle that Ron was still unaware.

He and Ginny certainly made a pair.

The three of them walked into the common room and spotted the two of us sitting in the common room. As they walked over towards us, I watched colour bloom on Ginny's cheeks when she spotted Harry. Merlin was I glad that I didn't seem to possess the ability to blush. If I had then I'd have spent to majority of my time in Hogwarts looking like a tomato.

Harry settled down across from us, Ron and Hermione sitting down on either side of him. He looked between the two of us.

"What were you two doing?" He asked, suspicious of our sudden silence. Ginny regained her composure.