Chapter Thirty Two : Magenta

Nigel strolled across the corridor early in the morning. It was something he wasn't looking forward to. Waking up early wasn't his cup of tea so he ended up dizzily taking a hot water shower to drive away his laziness but it didn't seem to help, he was still yawning which seemed like every minute.

The staff members were good on their words, working diligently for the the event that was about to take place at night. It was Karen's birthday and she had gone the night before to her uncle's palace three miles away to pay him a visit. Henry had efficiently planed a surprise by summoning a fake letter from the kingdom in which his uncle resided and that he needed Karen to pay his daughter Amelia a visit.

She was more than obliged to visit her cousin so without any questions, she headed to the palace of the nearby kingdom.

Meanwhile, the midnight castle was all glamoured and decorated with the finest event planners and managing group. Even though there were supervisors, Nigel had to keep an eye on everything which was a part of his punishment for being extremely lazy and not so helpful.

Nigel surpassed the busily engaged workers and walked out towards the entrance of the palace. Lazily eyeing every minister or staff person who passed him and greeted him, his eyes fell upon the group females who were collecting flowers from the garden situated few yards away for the bouquet making.

Nigel rubbed his eyes with his fingers and watched them again with his surfacing player nature. Smirking to himself, he had found a better thing to pass time, he thought. Walking confidently with hands loosely clutched behind, to the bunch of females he stood a few feet away and in such position where they couldn't observe him. He was careful that no misnister or other trespasser noticed him.

He shifted the bush branch aside to get a better view of the chatting women. One of them who was quite fat, was entertaining the rest with her petty humor and the others laughed at her jests.

Nigel shifted the weight to his other leg and put a hand on his pants pocket. Quietly staring towards one of them in particular who had long chestnut hair braided beautifully with a small white jasmine pinned between the braids. She smiled ever gorgeously and her eyes as shiny as silver twinkled in the mild sunlight.

On hearing another joke, she covered her face with her hands and chuckled with her eyes closed shut. Her cheeks had turned pink and eyes slightly watery due to too much laughting.

Suddenly, Nigel was brought out of his specific observance when he heard a cracked voice. Her snapped his head towards the maid who was mimicking someone. Nigel raised an amused eyebrow at the lady and heard carefully, "... and then he said, 'Geeks. Nerdy geeks, it's meant for geeks like you'."

Having got the clue that the woman was maiming him and remembering the embarrassing conversation last night with Karen, he brought a hand to his mouth in a lose fist and cleared his throat on purpose because he knew where the topic was about to point next.

He didn't want that girl to know about the conversation.

Upon hearing the sound of His Highness Nigel, they stiffened and turned towards him.

He slowly walked like a predator towards the bunch and without a word, having got the gesture, they resumed on their work without further talking. He didn't miss the hitch and eyes widening of the chestnut haired beauty who nervously scurried away from the group with her face as red as glowing infrared light.

Nigel smiled at the girl moving away from him. He somehow found her embarrassment adorable.

"They have arrived, my lord." Aldrick called form behind and Nigel nodded.