Pirate Treasure

Chloe blasts some Rise Against while we start packing my stuff to move into Blackwell's dorms.

"Can't I just move in with you?" I pout, and Chloe chuckles.

"That would we hella awesome. Don't worry Max, you moving into the dorms wont stop me from having our sleepovers, although I doubt we will be sleeping."

I throw one of my t-shirts at Chloe. As she pulls it off, her beanie falls and reveals all of her hair. Have I aready mentioned how much I love the blue hair? Yes? Well, I'm just going to say it again. I fucking love the punk Chloe. Even though her appearance changed, she herself didn't. She's still the loving, best friend Chloe who has stood by me for so many years.
Besides the overused amount of "hella" and much more swearing, we still connect in a way I can't quite explain. No matter how much either of us changes, there's something always holding us together.

"Besides I know all the secret ways into the dorms."

"How?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Me and Rachel found some, I used to sneak into her dorm to hang out."

"Used to?"
Chloe frowns.
"I... I don't want to talk about it."

Her voice sounds sad, just like this afternoon when she saw Rachel with that Frank guy. A silence fall and I can see Chloe is losing herself in her thoughts. I run out of the room and head downstairs. There's something I took out of the pirate box before Chloe would find it.

It's a necklace with a locket. Inside it is a picture of Chloe, me and William. It was taken 5 years ago when William joined us on our mission to take over Arcadia. She got the locket 2 years ago from her father. Joyce and William are my second family, I don't know what I would do without them or Chloe.

Chloe lost the necklace last year and was absolutely heartbroken. But do not fear, Super Max is here! Like a sign from God, I stumbled upon the piece of jewelry when my parents were going through the basement last week.

I wanted to give it to her earlier today but I sorta forgot. Don't judge, everyone forgets! I quickly grab the locket before Chloe comes rushing down the stairs.

"Max is something wrong?" she asks, carefully laying a hand on my shoulder. I turn around hiding the locket in my palms. I smile.

"Close your eyes Chè, I told you I had a surprise for you."
She closes her eyes and stands infront of me.
"Ok, open your hands."

She does as I command and holds out her hands towards me. I carefully put the locket in her hand.

"Is this some weird foreplay you're into?"

"What? No!" I exclaim and pinch the bridge of my nose.

"Just open your eyes, weirdo."
Chloe opens her eyes and looks at the locket. At first it seemed like she didn't recognize it, but then a huge smile appeared on her face.

"Is this?" Chloe stutters.

I nod. She opens up the compartment and sees the picture. A tear escapes her but she womans up and sucks the rest in. "How did you? I thought I lost it?"

"I found it in our pirate gear box last week."

"Thank you so much Max."

Chloe embraces me and holds me tight. The hug lasts a lifetime but I don't mind. I don't mind the warm feeling and my heart doing loops now. I love being this close to Chloe, it makes me feel safe. I love Chloe. Oh my god, I love Chloe and she actually loves me back? Did I fangirl over this yet? No? OK give me a second.

Hahahaha, yes I'm dating my crush bitches! Eat that friendzone!! I scream internally. Because I'm so fucking happy! Fingers snap infront of my eyes and Chloe's voice breaks through my Fangirl mode.
I shake my head and grin.

"Jeez, what's up with you and the zoning out today?"

"Ah, uh... You know, just can't believe we made out."

"Psh, that's not hard to believe Max... You are hella sexy it was only a matter of time before I would fall to your cuteness."

Chloe blushes and evades eye contact.
We are still in an embrace, and the temptation to kiss her gets bigger and bigger with every second that passes. Fuck it. I kiss Chloe once again yet it still feels like the first one. My heart is beating rapidly while my mind is going crazy processing this moment.
Our lips part and I slowly open my eyes trying to hold on to the kiss.

"You ready Max?" I look around the living room one more time before closing the front door.

Stepping outside, I sigh when I lock the door. "Ready."
My voice sounds a bit defeated.
"Hey you ok?" Chloe rubs my back while we sit in the truck.

"I'm fine. I'm just really going to miss this place, it feels like I'm leaving my childhood behind."

"I understand but think of it like this: I'm still here, the person who lived with you through all that! Besides, we'll always have our pirate gear and lightsabers!"

Chloe puts on her eyepatch, which she made appear out of thin air. Or, so it seemed.

"Where did you get that?"

"Look on the back seat," Chloe points her thumb to the back of the truck, as she turns the keys, starts the engine and drives off to Blackwell. My eyes widen as I see the boxes from the basement with our gear.

"Did you rob me?"

"It's not stealing if you wore it."

"Tell that to the cashier when you get caught stealing a t-shirt."

"Young Max, you should know a good pirate never gets caught. We take what we want!"

"Captain, I do advise you not to use this code in the Arcadia Bay's mall."

Chloe rubs her chin pretending she has a beard.

"You are wise my trusty sidekick, very wise."

Without thinking I grab Chloe's hand. I wanted to pull back immediately, make it seem like an accident, but Chloe intertwines her fingers with mine. She flips the eyepatch up and looks deeply into my eyes with her own bright blue ones.
The pirate voice gets replaced by her soft and soothing voice.

"Speaking of taking things I want," Chloe parks the car on the blackwell parking lot and pulls my arm, causing me to come closer as she puts her hand on my jaw and gives me a long passionate kiss.

"I know this is kind of out of no where, but Max will you be my girlfriend?"

My mind was still processing the kiss, and that question completely made me malfunction. Say something stupid. Come on SPEAK. Say something, i'm giving up on you... I shake my head and nearly scream.

"Yes of course you dork!"

Chloe smiles and flips her eye patch back onto her right eye.

"Twas about time I'd find me some booty!"

We both start laughing. I always love being around Chloe. And maybe, this might last forever.