1.

Flashback 16 years ago
[Jennifer: 30 y.o. Beyoncé: 18 y.o.]

Jennifer's POV

"Jenn what am I suppose to do? I can't be pregnant right now! The group is just now taking off!" Beyoncé sobbed into my shoulders. I was on my couch watching TV when my doorbell buzzed. I opened it and saw Beyoncé crying.

"Beyoncé you can't think about the group. You're going to have a child in 9 months. Your priorities are going to change sweetie." I said as I smoothed her hair down.

"I just can't do it. I'm 18 and I haven't even told my parents yet. You're my best friend, tell me what I should do." She said. I sighed. Being that I'm 12 years older than her, and I long to have a child someday, I can't tell her what I would do; this is her situation.

"I wish I could just tell you to keep the baby and raise him or her like I know you can, but ultimately the choice is yours." I said. "Who's the father?" I asked.

"A boy back in Houston I met, but I found out he already has a child that he doesn't take care of so it's best he doesn't know." I just shook my head. "Well did you tell Kelly and the other girls?" I asked. I then decided to get up and make us tea.

"No way! They'll be the first to tell me to abort the baby or better yet leave the group." She yelled. I laughed and put the pot on the stove to let the water steam. "Bey you know that's not what they'll say but I'm glad I'm the first to know!" I yelled back. She walked in to get my stash of junk food. She grabbed my Oreos, Doritos, Lays potato chips, M&Ms and bowl of grapes.

"I'll have it no other way. Ever since I moved to New York you've been my best friend & you're already a veteran in this game. Thanks for taking me under your wings." She said. We hugged and Beyoncé started to tear up again.

"Please don't cry. You're not in this pregnancy alone. That baby is gonna be so spoiled and loved. You got this!" I said. Once the tea was done, we headed back to the living room and watched movies all night long.
~~~~~~

9 months later...February 10, 2000

The time is finally here for Beyoncé to give birth. All of her family is here,and of course myself. Her dad was able to hide her pregnancy from the media, and since Bey is a private person by nature, it was easy to do. Me on the other hand, I love to talk about everything in interviews and the fact that I have a little niece coming along was hard to keep quiet. Oh and when we found out she was having a girl, everyone was over the moon!

"Alright. She's dilated enough to start pushing so only two people can stay in the room. The rest will have to wait." The nurse said to us. "I want Mama and Jenn to stay." Beyoncé said. I smiled and stood beside the bed and held her hand. "Now Jenn you messed up by grabbing her hand. Beyoncé you better not squeeze too hard!" Her mom joked. I laughed as Beyoncé rolled her eyes.

20 minutes later

"Awww she's so beautiful Bey! Look at her little hands!" I cooed at the sight in front of me.

"What's her name miss?" The nurse asked.

"Imma name her Yara. Yara Giselle Knowles." We all smiled and soon everyone came back in to hold her.