The After Party

Chapter 12: The After Party

-Bex p.o.v.-

The party was in full swing when I finally made my way down to the common room. My eyes scanned the room before settling on the culprits.

I stomped towards them, my glare lethal.

Their eyes widened when they saw me and they began to back away until they were pressed against a wall. "Uh.... Bex," James spoke timidly his eyes as wide as saucers.

"I have been trying to sleep for the past two hours." I spoke in a deadly tone, my eyes narrowing further as i glanced between the boys. "But you two have made that damn near impossible."

"Um, Gorgeous, I suggest you calm down before the whole place is engulfed in flames." Sirius warned softly, holding his hands up in a way of surrendering to me.

"Don't tell me what to do." I growled, my glare focussing on him.

"Bex, please," Remus cautioned, coming up behind me and taking me away from James and Sirius. He pulled me by my hand to a couch in the far corner. "Take deep breaths, you need to calm before you lose control. Your hair is already flaming and your eyes are bright red." Remus explained slowly, as if to a child.

I gasped and jumped up. I took off running, bursting out of the common room. I kept running, even as the boys called after me.

Footsteps followed after me, yet I continued to run. Voices called out, yet I continued to run. I had to run before it happened again. I couldn't let it happen again.

I slid down the banister of the stairs and was soon at the ground level.

"Bex!" James hollered. He leapt down the stairs, taking them two at a time. 

"Why are you running?!" Sirius demanded to know, right behind James. 

"Sirius! You're the fastest! Go!" Remus ordered, he and James stopped at the ground level and watched as Sirius sprinted after me.

I pushed myself harder when I felt Sirius gaining on me. I channelled my animal power and with a burst of speed I jumped out of an opening in the courtyard, almost like a window and landed gracefully on my feet. Without wasting time, I was running once more.

I was halfway to the lake, Sirius close behind me, when the other two boys made it outside. "There she is!" James yelled. They started after me again, quickly joining sirius.

My eyes widened and I took a sharp turn, making the forest my new destination. "No! Don't go into the forest!" Remus screamed out.

Too late, I thought as I ducked into the forested area. I quickly shifted into a wolf and ran off. Deeper and deeper into the dangers of the Forbidden Forest.

-

After an hour of running I returned to the tree line, quietly shifting back, I walked out calmly.

"Bex!" Was the first thing I heard when I entered the common room. Lily threw herself at me, causing me to collapse on a red couch in shock as the red head suffocated me with tight hugs.

"Lily-" I gasped, trying to get air into my lungs. "It's kinda hard to breath with you on me."

"Oh, sorry." She pulled away and gave me a soft smile in apology.

"It's fine." I smiled back.

"Are you hurt?" She asked, her eyes scanning me for signs of injury. 

"No, I'm fine." I rolled my eyes. "You should have more faith in me." I took a look around the empty common room before looking back to my best friend.

"Good." She spoke before smacking me upside the head.

"Ow!" I exclaimed in pain and held the back of my head, which was throbbing. "Why did you hit me?!"

"That's for making me worried." She glared, crossing her arms. "And this is for going into the Forbidden Forest." She hit my in the side before crossing her arms once more.

"Ow!" I glared at her while rubbing my now aching side. "You don't have to hit so hard." I grumbled, massaging my sores and moving a step away to avoid future attacks.

"Is that Bex?" James asked bounding down the stairs from the boys dorm rooms. He came to a halt at the bottom of the staircase when his eyes landed on me, a grin slipped onto his face. "Guys! Bex is back!" He called up to Sirius and Remus.

Seconds later Remus and Sirius appeared behind James. Similar smiles on their faces too. "Bex." They all said together.

"Uh, hey boys." I gave a halfhearted wave.

All at once they hurried over, their footsteps hard on the carpeted flooring. Sirius lifted me up and into his arms, the other two boys tackling Sirius.

We landed with an "oomph" on the couch.

"Why do I constantly get tackled and end up landing on this couch?" I questioned myself aloud.

"It's what you get." Lily said from her position at the end of the couch.

"I don't see what I did that was so wrong to deserve this." I frowned. "Can you get up now? I'm being crushed." I muttered to the boys.

"Oh, sorry." They all scrambled into a standing position while I sprawled out across the couch.

"I'm feeling some daja vu coming on." I muttered to myself. Finally pulling myself up I looked at them.

"I'm going to go, I'll give you guys some time alone. I'll see you at dinner, don't forget to eat something, you missed lunch." Lily said giving me one last smile before exiting the common room.

"Are you okay?" Remus asked.

"Uh, yeah. I just needed to cool off." I smiled at them, their worried looks fading away some, not entirely though.

"Why did you run from us?" Sirius asked. He looked somewhat hurt that I ran away from him. "If you're afraid of something you don't have to run."

My eyes hardened. "I'm not afraid of anything. I was running so I didn't hurt anyone. I don't have any fear, in anything."

"You have to be afraid of something, everyone's afraid of something." James spoke softly.

"Well I'm not." I said firmly. "What's there to be afraid of?"

"Lots of things." Remus said. "Everyone has something to lose, they don't want to, that is why they fear things."

"I don't, I don't have anything to lose."

"You have us." Sirius spoke up.

It was silent for a minute before I nodded. "I guess I do."

----------------

Sooooo, what do you think? That was a very heartfelt moment to write. I think it's one of my favorite moments between all of them. :') don't forget to comment, vote, share, follow, etc. thanks!