Chapter 20 - Edited

Chapter 20 already!!! Media: Yamaha by Delta Spirit --------------->

I probably woke up an hour ago, but glancing at the window, it was still dark. I tossed and turned on the bed for a while, trying to fall asleep, but nothing helped. I rolled onto my back and stared intently at the ceiling. Yeah, I am never going to go back to sleep at this rate.

I jumped off the bed as an idea struck me. I pondered for a moment and nodded to myself. It was probably the best thing I could do right now, if I wanted rest. He did seem like he had the best control, but he was an alpha. What if he did something to me while I was trying to sleep?

I walked silently towards the bedroom door and stopped before I opened it, to listen for any movement close by. So far none, besides loud snoring coming from someone's room somewhere in the house. I sighed in relief and opened the door. I continued to be quiet while I went down the hall. If someone woke up, there was a possibility they would jump on me. Either I was in heat or not.

I wondered if I still was in heat, actually. There were no more bad symptoms of scratching or incredible amounts of random arousal. If it slipped away during the time I was sleeping, good. But if not, then the chances of me being practically dragged into a bedroom at any moment, were high. My eyes went wide and the thought made me more cautious of my surroundings. I breathed in the scent around me to smell if there was any that was fresh nearby.

I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes, while flipping around to check if there was anyone behind me. Of course smelling things won't work, unless you knew what you were looking for. Everything was fresh since everyone was inside of the house. I was almost there though. His room was close by now, and I could take a large leap towards his room.

My legs worked themselves harder without making a peep to get to his door, but before they could make it to the front of the door, warm arms wrapped around my waist. My breath hitched and suddenly all my predictions from before were coming true. I was being dragged inside of a room, in the dark, by some man.

I cried out when I was thrown onto a plush bed and instantly moved back to the headboard. Pulling my knees to my chest, I looked up at my captive. We all knew what would happen now. Was he taking advantage of my heat, or was he just in the mood to grab any female in sight and just take her? The room was too dark to see the man's face or features. He started to move closer and as instinct I moved back, but there was no more moving back. I had already been as close to the headboard as I could, and the man continued to inch closer to the bed.

My heart had been beating so fast, I thought that at any minute now, I would have a heart attack. I clenched my fists, ready to defend myself. I wasn't going down without a fight. That just wasn't me.

“Come any closer and I won't hesitate to beat the hell out of you!” I yelled as my chest moved up and down at a rapid pace.

I saw his hands slowly start to go up in the air, and I winced thinking that he might strike me, but they stayed in place. “I won't hurt you Mari, you should know that.” He said in a calming tone.

My eyebrows furrowed together in confusion and my hands unclenched themselves in hesitation. I squinted my eyes to see better, because I only had one guess who this could be. “Max?”