Chapter 6

2 Weeks Later

Nerita

It’s the first game of the year and I’m so excited.  I performing with the dance team and I get to cheer my man on at the same time.  The announcer calls out our names and all the dancers run onto the center of the court.  We do a routine to “Scream” by Usher and another routine to “Where Have You Been” by Rihanna.  The crowd was super loud it was almost deafening.  I looked over at the bench and I saw my baby give me a thumbs up, I went over to him and gave him a huge kiss

“You did amazing babe I loved it”

“Really? And Thanks I was nervous the whole time”

“Why were you nervous, you are beautiful and you can dance your ass off”

“Aww thank you, good luck on your game babe”

“Thanks”

He picked me up and I gave him another kiss

“Hey none of that Brinson, your mind should be on this game not on a girl” said the coach

“Sorry coach… Rita I’ll see you after this alright?”

“Cool see you then, sorry coach”

I walked back to the bleachers, but I saw Carnell sitting on the end.

“Hey you”

“Hey”

“Missed you the last few weeks at The Spot”

“Basketball practice has been kicking my ass”

“Hmm I bet”

“You did a great job on your performance”

“Thanks, good luck on your game, knock ‘em dead”

“ I will”

The other team came out of the locker-room and I walked back over to sit with the dance team. Our boys got on the court and game time begun.  The game was hectic.  Our boys were down 40-31.  Once coach put Carnell in the game our points sky rocketed.  We were in the lead 60-58; it was the last quarter with 2 minutes left.  Carnell had the ball, but the other team surrounded him.  He took a chance and shot a half court shot.  Once the ball went in the basket the whole entire gym was in uproar.  Everyone went wild running on to the court hugging him.  I saw Josh in the corner and he was not happy at all.  I figured I’ll talk to him later.  I waited for the crowd to die down and I went over to Carnell and hugged him.

“That was amazing; I never knew you had game like that”

“Thank you, and I wasn’t even expecting that myself… Lucky shot I guess”

“So you sing and you ball… anything else I should know about?”

“Haha, umm nah you got it covered pretty much”

“You wanna go to this party tonight?”

“Nah I don’t do parties”

“Please for me?”

“Only because you said please”

“Yay, hurry up and get ready”

Carnell

This girl is forcing me to this party, apparently everyone is gonna be there.  Might as well go I guess.  I went back to my room, showered, changed and threw on an outfit.  Ready to go.  I walk in the party and I’m greeted by a bunch of people I don’t know.  It was kinda awkward.  I see Nerita and Tricia and I decided to walk over.

“Hey”

“Hi sexy, loved you on the court” said Tricia

“Thanks, hey Nerita”

“Hey, so you like the party?”

“Yea its pretty cool”

Her boyfriend (douche bag) came over and pushed me.  It took me everything not to beat his face in

“What’s your problem?”

“My problem is why you always talking to my girl”

“That’s none of your damn business, aint nothing going on anyway, what you scared a nigga gon’ steal her away?”

By now everyone was staring and circling us.  Fucking instigators

“You know I’d knock yo ass out, but I wouldn’t want you to get in trouble.  Your record won’t allow that”

“My mans shut up”

“Nah cuz you like to hang out with niggas girlfriends, tell me Rita did he tell you he’s a murderer?

Rita’s big brown eyes met mine and she looked scared as hell

“Is that true Carnell”

“Yes… it is”

“Why…”

“No time for that, Oh by the way Josh, you don’t deserve her.  You’re a little bitch that strives off attention; I won’t even give you the decency of whooping your ass”

I walked out everyone staring at me.  I don’t know what just happened but I know shit is about to get crazy on this campus

Nerita

What? A murderer? I’m so confused

“Josh what was that all about?”

“Don’t worry about it babe”

“No I wanna know, why did you bring all of this drama?”

“Me? You walking around being buddy buddy with the next nigga”

“Josh stop being insecure you’re acting like a little ass child”

“You know what FUCK THIS!”

He storms out of the party and doesn’t even look back.  I’m so sick of this shit.  I turn around and now my best friend is missing.  I just need a drink.  2 hours and six drinks later I’m a little tispy.  Fuck it I’m drunk.  I just wanted to go to bed. I walk back to my room and I opened the door and I see Tricia, naked on top of Joshua.

“WHAT THE FUCK!”