Author's Note

Author's Note

            Hi! I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sarah Grace and I am a sophomore in high school. Last year, I was in Spanish class, half-listening to my teacher drone on about conjugations when out of the blue an image of a redhead sixteen-year-old girl, who was a detective/spy popped into my head. I have no idea where she came from or how she got in my head, but by the end of class, I had the basic plot of an entire novel worked out. I wanted to start writing it, I though that I couldn't possibly be a writer. At the time I thought that you had to have gone to college or be super smart, or at least be related to J.K. Rowling or something to be a writer. So my idea just simmered in the back of my brain for a while.

I was always a huge fan of spy/mystery novels so when I found Wattpad a few months later that was of course the first thing I looked for. I found this story called Delta and I just fell in love with the story, plot, and the characters (in some cases literally—Charlie). I thought for sure it was written by a college student or an English teacher or something because it was such a good, well written book, but it wasn't. It was written by an eighth grader. I was so surprised that an eighth grader could be so good at writing, and then I realized that if this author could do it, so can I. I began writing my story (only after I read every other book written by her, which is a lot. She was an eighth grader four years ago or something and has written a lot since).  And that is my story about this story.

So now I have posted the prologue of my story, and I already have chapters one and two written and am currently in the process of editing them. I am writing on average one page each day. I will do my very best to update frequently—and I also don't mind being badgered to update, it actually motivates me more. My chapters tend to be on the longer side too so it may take longer depending on how long it is. I also love it when people comment—whether to tell me positive things or negative things. I love feedback, and since this is my first story, I could really use some.

Also, this book and it's characters are my own. I did not copy them off of anyone else's characters and I also hope that no one else copies off of mine. I have worked very hard on this story and to have someone take it and try to make it his or her own would make me go from Joy to Sadness (Inside Out reference! That is such a good movie...). Also, any characters resembling people or other characters is unintentional. So I apologize in advance if one of my character is just like your character or your mom or something. I don't read a lot of stuff on Wattpad either, so I honestly don't know if I'm copying your plot or something so if I am, just know that we must both be creative in the same way to think of the same plot.

My characters came from my brain, not yours, I promise.

One last thing! This book is dedicated to vb123321 (the author I mentioned earlier). Her books were my inspiration and I can honestly say, I would not be where I am today, writing this, without them. And you cannot call yourself a fan of spy novels if you haven't read her books! I'd recommend the Spies in Saddles series or the Delta series. They literally have everything: action, mystery, romance, you name it. Not to mention awesome character development.

So that's all! Have a super fantastic week and don't forget to smile!!

💜SarahGrace