Chapter 21

Picture is for her outfit in this chapter.

"I have to wear an outfit too?" I asked drastically as my aunt shoved a pile clothing into my hands.

"Stop your whining, its just something formal for the job. Now, I expect you to be ready and dressed in fifteen minutes, and don't forget to tuck the blouse in." She reminded me before rushing me out of her class room. Huffing, I ran down the halls and into my Common room, saying a few hellos before climbing into the dorm.

"Hey, you're back! Just in time too, we were going to go to head to dinner." Alyssa said, startling me.

I stared at the group with an open mouth as I threw off my robe. " I-uh," I stuttered, " I'm sorry, but tonight's not a good night." I told them as I changed into the blouse and overall skirt. And yes, I know changing in front of people is a odd thing, but when you're going to live in a dorm for the next seven years, you're going to see some stuff.

Jolie scoffed, going back to writing down something," Not a good night to eat dinner? Thisbe, what's going on, don't tell me your going to start disappearing again." She told me with a  warning tone.

I fixed the straps on my outfit, looking back at her," What do you mean?" I questioned, blinking a few times.

" She means," Victoria spoke up, closing her book dramatically and standing up," Your constant disappearances every night or so, and we're getting quite tired of it Thisbe."  She sighed, walking to the other side of my bed.

I stopped in my tracks as all three of them were watching me with concerning eyes, knowing somethings up. I swallowed hard, and looked down to my hands. I can't hide it forever I guess. "I can't tell you now, but it will be soon. It's big, and I can trust you guys with it." I told them honestly, and they all gave a smile. "Now, I must be off. I'll see you later!" I called to them as I ran out the door, making sure the ruffs of the collar were all in place. I swear, is it really mandatory I wear this thing?

As I made my way back to the Transfiguration classroom, I didn't even have to knock at the door before it slammed open.  "Miss. Robbinson, quickly please." Headmaster Dumbledore pushed me along into the room.

"Don't you look lovely." My aunt commented, dusting off my shoulders.

"I look like I'm from the 1800's." I deadpanned, pulling at the rim of the skirt to make sure it wasn't riding up on me.

With out a comment, Dumbledore quickly hurried his way to the front of the room, his blue silk cloak flying behind him. He stopped at the front and turned to me, calling me over. "Now, you'll be needing this. It will be for your job and let it count as some sort of present." He told me, picking up a golden compass from McGonagall's desk."You must first tap it with your wand, telling it who to point to, for example, " He started, pulling his wand out and placing the tip of it to the engraved surface," Professor McGonagall."

The golden compass glowed and it popped open magically. The needle inside spun wildly a few times before stopping in the exact direction of my aunt. I looked up at her smiling, watching as when she moved around , the needle did too. Dumbledore snapped it close and it lost it's bright glow. Letting it drop, he caught it by the end of its chain and handed it to me. "Thank you," I muttered.

"Next is what you will be delivering. Now, when I said I trusted you, I must ask for you not to look inside. Do not peek, do not shake, do not do anything but deliver it and come back. And I'm sure you know that you must not  dilly dallel, and you come straight back to the school." He showed me a small sized package, after going over the rules again. Which we all know, a Hufflepuff like me would have a hard time breaking.