Chapter 56: Katerina

Holly did not want to go to the Salvatore house early the next morning especially after Damon's confession, it was just so strange and so awkward. Holly knew that she was being a coward, but she didn't want to face him.

Why did Damon have to put her in a position where she had to choose? Why couldn't they just remain friends? They were good friends right? And just because she had been worried about Damon a few times didn't mean she liked him, she had worried about Stefan too, but even Holly knew it wasn't the same kind of worry she felt with Stefan to the kind of worry that she felt when Damon was in danger.

With Damon it was genuine fear whenever he was in trouble. Holly forced herself to walk towards the Salvatore house where her sister and the Salvatore brothers were already waiting. She knocked and Damon answered.

"Hello, Holly." He greeted her with the usual sarcasm, but he seemed distant.

Holly didn't say hello back. "Stefan called."

He opened the door further. "Right this way."

Holly avoided his gaze as she walked through the front door, she stopped short when she saw Rose. "What are you doing here? You tried to pawn off my sister!"

"Wait, Holly." Elena said from the couch. "We need to hear her out."

Holly frowned as she went towards the living room, Rose started pacing around the room. "Ok, I only know what I picked up over the years, I don't know what's true and what's not true that's the problem with all this vampire crap, but Klaus I know he's real."

"Who is he?" Elena asked.

"An Original." Damon explained. "Like Elijah, he's from the first generations of vampires."

"Please." Rose scoffed. "Elijah is the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. Elijah is a foot solider, Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest." Stefan continued.

Elena frowned. "Wait, so you're saying the oldest vampire in history is coming after me?"

"Wait what?" Holly looked at Stefan who would never put Elena's safety at risk and because she couldn't look at Damon. "Is that true?"

Stefan avoided her eyes. "We're looking at a solid maybe." Elena's frowned deepened. "Look Elijah's dead and no one knows that you're alive."

"Not that you know off." Rose said.

"Not helping."

"What does this Klaus want with Elena?" Holly asked folding her arms across her chest, great just what she needed another supernatural dilemma.

"I don't know." Rose admitted. "All I know is that doppelgangers are very popular. Klaus is real and when he wants something he gets it, you guys would be fools to underestimate him."

"All right," Damon rolled his eyes. "We're shaking."

Elena caught Holly's eye and she nodded. "We're going to school."

Stefan grabbed his stuff. "I'll come."

"I know where it is," Elena interrupted. "Besides Holly is with me." Holly nodded her goodbyes as she followed Elena.

"They're in denial." He whispered to Rose.

"Shut up, Damon." Stefan snapped.

"Are you sure that this is even a good idea?" Holly asked Elena, they had ditched school in order to talk to Katherine who was in the tomb and the only one who had meet Klaus. They had kept Caroline on Stefan duty much to the blonde's dismay. "She probably has never told the truth in her life."