PART I

Saying I was nervous is probably the understatement of the year.

My hands feel cold and my palms are sweating. My heart keeps on beating inside my chest like I've run a marathon.

My eyes took a glance at my wall clock.

They're coming..

Just a few minutes from now.

I walked to my kitchen and got a glass of milk to calm my nerves.

I leaned my back on the counter as I chug down my milk and think about how I make my life decisions.

Ugh! This is not a good idea! Ah no -- this is definitely the worst decision I have ever made.

So.. um.. you see.. I bought something.

Something I think would make my lonely life a little less lonely (perhaps).

I am a recluse (by choice). I never go out my house unless necessary. I only have online friends and I'm a freelancer.

My life is boring yes.

Boring but quiet and peaceful.

I virtually jumped and almost dropped my glass when the doorbell rang.

Oh no.. They're here!

My grip on the glass tightened causing it to break between my hands. I gasped as shattered glass cut my palm making it bleed.

I threw the broken glasses into the trash and went under the faucet and cleaned my wounded hand.

All the while, the door keeps on dinging heightening my panic attack.

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod.

What to do?! Why won't they stop pushing my doorbell?! That thing was already paid the moment I ordered it online so there's no reason for them to stay.

They should just drop it off my box!

And then I froze.

Oh shit.

My signature!

I want to smack my head so much against the tiled counter of my kitchen. You're so stupid Kenma!

How did I forgot such crucial thing? The doorbell rang once again and my heartbeat rose.

Ugh. Whatever!

I will just open my door a bit and stick out my hands to sign the papers. That way they will not see my face.

Ha! I'm so genius!

With the newfound courage, I inhaled deep and walk to my door.

The sound of my doorbell still fills the room and I took the chance to look at the peephole to see the person murdering my doorbell. My eyebrows furrowed when instead of the delivery man, I saw my (handsome) neighbor standing at the other side of my door.

What's he doing here?

I took another glance at my wall clock.

Is the delivery man late?

Oh my god. If the delivery man suddenly appear while he's here...

OH MY GOD.

I shook my head to cool myself before I opened my door for him. He can't be here! I have to send him home! "H-hey Kuroo! What's up?" I tried to smile at him but my traitorous heart won't stop beating so nervously fast that I swear it came out crooked but whatever.

"Yo! Took you long enough to open the door."

My grip on the doorknob tightened. I looked over his shoulders to see if the delivery guy already came. "Um.. Sorry. I was, um.. I was in the kitchen. Um.. Ah.. What are you doing here anyway?"