Treasure

Tetra put her hand to her forehead for the eighth time that day. "You've got to be kidding. Three months I've been trying to teach you navigation."

"It's harder when the boat doesn't talk..." Link sheepishly replied. "And I don't have a map of this area that automatically knows my location..."

Tetra narrowed her eyes. "Just because you were graced with a talking ship and multiple items that made your ship life easier doesn't mean you can't learn to navigate through other means."

"I--"

---CRASH---

"SERIOUSLY," Tetra cried as they examined the damage to the ship. They had sailed right over a coral reef, damaging the belly of the ship. They had landed on the nearest island for repairs.

"Looks like we'll be stuck here for awhile then... "

"And who's fault is that??"

"You wouldn't have seen them either!"

Tetra sighed as she shook her head. "Even Niko knows not to sail so close to shore. If not a reef, then rocks, or getting beached."

Niko popped up behind them. "Tetra? You called?"

"No Niko, go back to the ship," Tetra turned towards the forest on the island.  She sighed. "Well, I might as well explore," she resigned as she walked off into the woods.

Link hurriedly followed her into the trees, stabbing a plant when it twitched, but it was just the wind.

"I thought you were a hero, come on already."

Link frowned as he caught up with her. "I'm good for something."

"Yes, you are," Tetra replied with a smile. "You and I defeated Ganondorf together. A hero you may be, a pirate you are not."

"How can you be a princess and a pirate?"

"Princess through blood, pirate through lifestyle," she replied, pushing back a bush in front of her as she walked. 

She spotted a temple in front of them. "Ooh, I smell treasure."

"Tetra wait!!" Link called out as she ran into the entrance, but he was too late, the door had slammed tightly shut.

Tetra glanced behind her as it shut. "Crap," she said as she unsheathed her curved blade from the small of her back. The walls were glowing somewhat, and she could see clearly enough with the faint illumination. She walked down the halls, searching for a way out, but more importantly, treasure.

Tetra stopped in a large chamber. Uh-oh, this looks like a boss room. She tried to back out, but then the door shut behind her with a snap. She looked back to the room and noticed movement from the shadows. She gripped her sword tightly.

A reptilian cat crept out of the shadows, wings unfolding like old parchment from its back. It had only one eye, which was all too common with bosses. She jumped to the side as it lashed out with its bladed tail. She ran around to its back, trying to find another weakness in its defenses. It turned as she ran, always keeping its front towards her. She jumped forwards and stabbed at its large eye.

It swiped its paw and hit her in the side, throwing her against the wall. She cried out in pain as she fell to the ground, but she forced herself to recover, rolling back onto her feet. The breath hissed out of her as she felt the pain from her ribs and back. She held her ground as the cat stalked over to her. She slashed at it with her sword, but it merely took to the air, swooping in at her from above as she deflected its attacks with her small sword.

There were no pots in the room, nothing to replenish her dwindling heart supply. Were those claws poisonous? She staggered and fell to the ground as the cat swooped once more from above, its tail dragged along the ground and caught her in the side. She screamed in pain as she was thrown several yards backwards and then connected once more with the unforgiving wall.

The Great cat circled around once more, ready to take its prize.

With the loud sound of a glass skylight being shattered, Link dropped from above and drove his sword into the big cat's side. It howled and shook him off, he rolled and came up a few feet away from it, then charged again. He jumped into the air and stabbed at its eye. It tried to swipe him out of the air, but he blocked its paw with his shield, the force of its blow knocked him out of the air. He landed near Tetra, and as he took the risk of examining her he spotted the wounds on her side, and how she was getting paler and paler by the second. He needed to finish this soon or... or...

He tightened his grip on his sword and then charged again, jumping up onto its paw as it slammed onto the ground next to him. He jumped from the paw and and aimed for its weak spot again. It used its other paw to try and swipe him out of the air again, but it only succeeded in ripping his hat from his head. His sword struck home, and the Great cat writhed in pain before bursting into a cloud of purple smoke, leaving behind a heart container. Link picked it up and then ran to Tetra, who was slumped against the wall.

"Please tell me I'm not too late..." he prayed as he pressed the heart container against her chest which then vanished from his hands.

Tetra inhaled sharply and her eyes flew open suddenly, her wounds instantly healed. "Link?"

Link leaned forwards swiftly and kissed her. When he drew back a moment later he said. "By the gods Tetra, don't leave me like that again."

Tetra looked startled. "What was that f-"

Link kissed her again before she could finish her question. "Because I don't want to lose you."

She smiled slightly. "You don't have to worry about that, I'm a pirate after all."

"It's not a magic spell." Link replied, helping her to her feet. "You just got poisoned by a Cattisaur, and it was just about to eat you, how can I not worry?"

"You're always there when I need you.... And I need to see that more often," she said, reaching out and intertwining their fingers together.

Link smiled. "Let's go get us some treasure."

Tetra returned the genial expression. "Let's get us some treasure."