Chapter 17

A/N: hellooooo! I want to thank everyone for reading this because I hit 200 reads right after I posted the last chapter. Thank you thank you thank you ahh

Ok wow I'm dumb now just read the dang story because I spent 4 days on this chapter so you better like it. Usually I only spend a day on each chapter and I'll post I late each night.

READ MY FELLOW HOGWARTIANS AND PIGFARTIANS!

******

As soon as I found out Katie had been cursed, I decided to cut my Hogsmeade visit short. On my way back to the castle, I saw a nervous looking Draco walking in front of me.

"Hey Draco" I said, falling in step beside him. He whipped his want out of his coat pocket and aimed it at me. My eyes widened in shock and I felt my heartbeat quicken. "Draco?" I asked hesitantly. "Draco... It's... It's me... Skylar."

He lowered his wand and muttered an apology. "Skylar, I'm so sorry... I thought... I thought you were someone else..." I nodded and gave him a wary look, not wanting to interrogate him. "Skye - honest. Please, don't question it. I've... I've been having a hard time with... With some things recently. I just thought you were Snape or someone."

"It's fine... You just startled me is all. You know, you really shouldn't pull your wand on people so easily; people will start to think you're up to something" I stated quietly and began to walk away. I stopped after walking a couple feet to find Draco still standing in the exact same spot looking extremely stressed. "Say, Draco, why don't you take a walk with me?"

[DRACO'S POV]

"Say, Draco, why don't you take a walk with me?" Skylar asked in her beautiful voice and I looked u at her, surprised. Her cheeks held the faintest tinge of pink, though I couldn't tell if she was simply blushing or if she was only cold.

I nodded, "yeah... Yeah why not! It'll feel good, I guess, since I'm so stressed..." I muttered the last part to myself, hoping he hadn't heard, but she did. She tilted her head in the cute way she does when she's confused, but let it slide. "Where.. Where do you want to go? Actually, never mind, let's just walk back to the castle."

"Alright!" She said cheerfully as she took my hand and skipped down the path, looking extremely pleased. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself; she was so perfect.

"So, you seemed to have gotten over Weasley fairly fast" I commented, deciding it was a bad choice seconds later. Skylar stopped dead in her tracks and the smile left her face to be replaced with a very serious one.

"I was over him before we broke up - I just didn't realize it until that day in Potions when Slughorn showed us the Amortentia."

"Didn't you smell... Was it your brother's cologne, the beach, and peppermint?" I asked and she nodded, blushing slightly. I raised my eyebrows and smirked at her, causing her to blush even harder. Truth be told, I knew nothing of what any of those things meant to her, other than her brother's cologne, which obviously signified the love she had for her brother. 'The beach? Who knows what that means. Peppermint? Well...' I pushed the thought out of my mind.

"Um, yeah. Yeah. That's what I smelled. Anyway, I notice you've been ditching classes recently. Mind sharing what's going on? You can trust me not to tell anyone, you know. I may not be a Hufflepuff, but Gryffindors are loyal, too." She looked at me with her beautiful grey eyes and I sighed, knowing I would give in eventually. I suppose it would be nice to say something... I haven't told anyone and the stress was literally eating me alive - I was beginning to look like the walking dead.

"I'll explain it... But it's easier when I can show you as well" I said, grabbing her hand and interlocking our fingers. I mentally cursed myself when I saw her smile. Don't get me wrong, her smile would brighten anyone's day, but this confirmed my suspicion: Skylar Smith liked me. I can't like her and she can't like me! It puts both of our lives at stake even more! I made a promise to myself what no matter what I had to do for the Dark Lord, Skylar would not get hurt.