You Made Your Choice

Trafargo bellowed in rage, a red aura engulfing him

Trafargo bellowed in rage, a red aura engulfing him. Eilian and I roared our battle cries in reply, gold and green aura's enveloping us.

And then the battle began.

Trafargo charged. So did Eilian. I skirted to the side, flanking the enemy as he clashed with Eilian.

It was a brutal fight, like alpha lions defending their prides from trespassers. Time energy exploded around us. Fists flew. Grunts and howls of battle roared.

I jumped in when I saw openings, but I was spending more time getting our men out of the line of fire. With a portal opened, I began throwing them through to the safety of outside. As much as I hated it, I even saved Trafargo's men. They were as innocent as our own.

And then pain erupted up my back. A ball of energy slammed into me, throwing me off my feet. I smelled smoke wafting from my clothes.

"Oh, I'm going to enjoy this." I struggled to my feet as Stirling stalked towards me. "Such a shame really. You are such a pretty woman."

I growled, a deep throaty snarl a cornered feline would make when backed into a corner. This piece of work was responsible for the deaths of many of my pirate friends. No, I was going to enjoy ripping him apart.

My eyes widened as Stirling's hands glowed a sickly shade of yellow. I was rooted in my place, as much as I wanted to take a stumbling step back. And then I realised the obvious. He wasn't caught in the Time Walk! He was moving!

Stirling grinned. "Yes, I have the same power as you." He nodded to Trafargo firing a wave of red at Eilian's jade-green shield, shattering it and throwing him at the wall. "Join us. Albius can make us powerful. We can rule the seas! We can take England! We can topple the King! Everything will be ours!"

I scowled. "Your greed for power has clouded your judgement, Benjamin. Power is earned."

"The only way to have power is to take it!"

I shook my head in disappointment. "You are corrupt."

"No! I am innovative!"

"Your ambition has destroyed you!" I roared. "And you will destroy everything we have all spent centuries building!" My hands and eyes glowed golden. I felt my hair float. "I will not let you tear it all down."