Chapter 44

~ 6 Months Later ~

I'm awaken by my phone's alarm. I try to find it with my eyes closed, hoping it wouldn't disturb anyone with its loud, annoying sound. I finally reach for it which happens to be on the floor next to the couch I'm lying on. I check the time and sit up abruptly once I see that only an hour left before the concert begins. 

Summer's over and the boys are back on the road with their World Tour just kicking in. They're more busy and more famous now more than ever. I decided to tag along so that I could be with Liam. Sounds quite clingy, does it? Anyways, I also decided that going with them on this tour would help me find some inspiration for my next piece of art for my upcoming Art Gallery. Basically, it's a win-win situation here. I get to tag along, look for my inspiration and travel the world while Liam avoids missing me. You get where I'm coming from right?  

I take a look around the snack room to see that I was alone. The boys must probably be getting ready in their dressing rooms already. I walk out the room, and continue walking down the hallway when I  bump into Scarlet - Lou's new assistant. 

"Oops, sorry." she says, sounding quite startled. "Lexi, right?" she extends her hand towards me and I shake it. "Scarlet." she breathes out. 

I nod, "Nice to meet you, officially." I say, smiling. I wanted to ask her about what's going on between her and Niall but I don't feel like prying at the moment. She'll have her day with me. "Have you seen the boys?" I ask. 

"They're everywhere." she replies, sounding exhausted. "It's hard to keep them all in one room together." she adds, giving out a laugh. 

"Oh, I know." I say, shaking my head with a smile on my face. "So, how are you holding up?" I ask, knowing that it probably isn't easy for her. 

"Well," she says, giving out a sigh, "I keep reminding myself that I need this internship and I could learn a lot from Lou." 

I smile, "Just hang in there." I tell her, "I better get going and look for the boys." She smiles back as I keep walking. 

I turn to the right, towards the backstage only to see Zayn. "Zayn!" I shout, trying to capture his attention before going off to who knows where. 

He looks at my direction and smiles once he sees me. "Did you miss me that much?" he says teasingly as he approaches me.

"Don't flatter yourself." I say, sticking out my tongue at him. "Where's Liam?" I ask, taking a look around to see if he was there too.

"Ah," he sighs, "Liam told me that you'd be looking for him soon."

"So where is he?" I ask.

"Here." he says, handing me a paper. "There are clues in there. Go wherever it tells you to go." 

I smirk, taking the paper from him. "Is this a treasure hunt? Are you boys seriously going to do this?" I ask. 

"It was Liam's idea." he says, patting my shoulder. "Good luck." he gives me a wink before walking away. 

"Just tell me where he is!" I shout at him.

He looks back at me with a smile on his face. "Now where would the fun in that be?" 

I groan, stomping away as I open the sheet of paper he handed me. 

        Looking for me? Go back to where it all started. 
                                                        - Liam 

Go back to where it all started? 

What does he mean by "it"? 

Goodness gracious, could I be this dumb?