Chapter 13: Brownie Points

UNEDITED

"Ha-ha very funny." Jake says looking at my grandmother.

"Young man do I look like I'm joking?" My grandmother says sternly giving him a look that would probably make people cry.

Jake takes a step back and my grandmother laughs.

"I'm kidding Jake." she says smiling, "But I was very serious about moving in part."

Argument breaks out in the kitchen.

Rebecca and Samantha slowly get up and start moving towards the door. Rebecca whispers in my ears as she leaves.

"We are going to be having a sleepover at your new house pretty soon."

Oh that's just great.

"It's my house." Jake shouts, "The guy is eighteen for the love of god he does not need to have a baby sitter."

"Exactly I've been alone plenty of times." Alec says "Why does my dad suddenly think that I need to stay with Jake and his nanny."

"She is not my nanny!" Jake says, "She is my housekeeper you idiot."

"And then he tells me that I need a baby sitter." Alec says.

Jake had turned red.

"Okay look stop complaining and suck it up." My grandmother says with an amused expression, "Your parents have decided it."

"My parents have been absent for 18 years of my life." I say, "So I'm pretty sure I can handle everything on my own."

"Clara" my grandmother says frustrated, "Please."

I look at her for two minutes. There is one thing I can't do and that is saying no to my grandmother when she says please.

"But why?" I say, "Do you really want me to stay with two boys ALONE out of one who happens to be my boyfriend for two weeks?"

"Yes." she says, "I trust you and Jake as to nothing will happen."

Alec makes a gagging face.

"It better not." he says, "I swear to god if you even touch her-"

"She's MY girlfriend." Jake shoots back, "And I can do anything I like."

"I will punch you in the -" Alec replies but is interrupted by my grandmother.

"Boys language please." she says, "But look problem solved I doubt you kids will be able to do anything with Alec around."

"But-" Jake interrupts.

"Case closed." my grandmother says smiling, "Now Jake can you drop me to the airport Alec and Clara have to pack."

I groan and hit my head on the kitchen counter hoping that it will bring me out of this nightmare.

____________________________________________

3 hours later I am standing in front of Jake's door with a bag in my hand. I wasn't carrying much. But I had to pack very carefully because my grandmother had taken my keys so once I closed the door to my house she made sure that I wouldn't be able to get back.

"You do know it's for two weeks right?" Jake says inspecting me and my bags.

"Yes." I say slowly.

"Then why do you have only one bag?" he says.

"Because it's only two weeks?" I say unsurely.

"Wow you must be the first girl who didn't get her whole house packed up for two weeks." he says letting me in the living room.