Part Two: Chapter Nineteen

So chapters are going to be shorter from now on. This is considered a long chapter from me now.  

Amazing Cover by : Buukworm

(Not edited)

----------------------------------------

Wait what? I feel like that's my motto lately because that's all I've been thinking...'wait what?'. But I was confused, what had Xander just said to Josuee. I looked to the both in wonder, my brow furrowed.

They were glaring at each other and almost having a private conversation. I latched onto Xander's arm and his tense body relaxed slightly. "What did you say?" 

"IT'S NONE OF YOUR CONCERN MAID!" Josuee interrupted me before I heard a thump. My eyes widened when Xander's fist connected with his jaw. He stumbled back in shock and held his face.

WHAT THE WHAT? HE ALWAYS TELL ME NOT TO HIT! BUT YET.... I let out a sigh. H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E.

Josuee stood back up properly and I expected him to throw a punch but he did nothing. "I told you not to talk to her like that" Xander's voice was calm again, "Milania get the rest of your stuff, I'll wait here for you"

I watched Josuee for a moment but when he made no movement I nodded my head slowly. Peeling myself away from Xander, I side-stepped Josuee and left the room.

I didn't have much, only two suitcases. I had one already packed and the other half. Then there was just the box. 

It didn't take me long before I finished packing the second one and dragging it downstairs. Josuee would have to ship the box to me.

I didn't feel safe though, why would he give me over so easy after being so reluctant at first? When I reached the bottom I was stood in front of Josuee who glared down at me. "Milania, are you sure you don't want to change your mind?" He wasn't asking me, it came out more as a threat.

I held my breath, watching him, "I-I'm sure. Thank you for letting me serve you" I dropped my eyes to the ground but he grabbed my chin roughly, jerking my head up. I raised my eyes to look at him, my heart pounding in my chest.

Xander suddenly appeared behind Josuee. His eyes dropped to where Josuee's hand held my chin roughly. Realizing Xander's presence, Josuee let go of me with a low growl. 

Xander reached for my suitcase while I gripped to the other one tightly. Xander nodded his head toward the door, indicating for me to go first. He really didn't trust Josuee.

With a small glance me behind me, I left the house silently. I made my way down to Xander's car before hearing Josuee shout, "You're going to regret this Hawke" 

Xander didn't even respond to the threat but instead just followed me. He placed both my suitcases in the boot of the car before walking to the passenger side and opening the door for me. I hopped in quickly and he shut the door gently before walking to the other side and getting in.

I looked back to Josuee's house but the door was now shut. "How did he get home? I don't see a car" I studied the area but Xander didn't reply. I gave him a side-ways glance,"What did you whisper to him?"

He didn't even look at me, "Nothing important"

"Nothing important? Xander.. Josuee doesn't give over so easily so whatever you said is important"

"No, it's not"

"What? Are you gay and  whispered sweet nothings into his ear?"

He finally looked at me, arching an eyebrow, "Seriously?"