Chapter 6 - lethologia

That day in the mall with Lynn, we basically ran in circles at the
department store grabbing the silliest looking clothing to the fanciest ballgowns. Once, we changed into oversized grey hoodies and tied our hairs in two lopsided ponytails, another, we wore floor-length gowns and started talking in horrid British accents.

I was lying on my stomach, my knees kicking up my feet and my elbow rising my head up to face Lynn dancing around and using a hairbrush to sing "Dancing Queen" by ABBA.

"....YOU ARE MY DANCING QUEEN, YOUNG AND SWEET ONLY SEVENTEEENNNN"

I doubled over in laughter as she started head banging her purple wig. It's a wonder it never fell off.

Just then my phone emitted a chime. I could barely hear it over our loud laughter. I rolled over to check the notification. It was a text from Veronica that read,

"Hey! There's a party at my house tonight at 8. Wanna come?"

No. Obviously not. This wasn't the first time Vinnie had invited me to a party. I mean, she was nice to ask and all but she was probably just doing it to make me feel included. I felt bad declining every time but nerds a nerd.

"We should go." Lynn said, reading the message over my shoulder.

"What? No, what do you mean?"

"Oh I see, you can't speak English now. Nous allons aller a la fête." I snorted.

"We both know why we can't go." I said matter of factly.

"Dude! We're friends with Vinnie. I'm sure we'll be fine. Plus, if those Jake jerks are there than we could just leave. No big deal." she countered. "Even more plus, we could wear those new dresses we bought."

".....what dresses." I asked confused.

She walked over to the closet and pulled out the two exact dresses we tried on at the mall. My jaw dropped in surprised.

"YOU TOTALLY HAD THOSE BEFORE WE WENT TO THE MALL!" I cried in shock.

"Surprise?" she offered.

"Thank you Lynn, you shouldn't have this dress cost a fortune." I grabbed the dress by the hangar and waved in around in emphasis.

She shrugged it off.

"Well, your welcome." she said smugly.

Lynn really is a great friend.

--

flashback

Brad's POV 

"Brad come over and play tag!" 

The overcrowded playground of kindergarten kids running around during recess cried loudly filling the air with the noise. But my eyes were locked on the girl sitting against the wall besides a group of girls playing hopscotch. 

Her knees were hugged against her chest and her knuckles were white as she gripped her book tightly as if it would fly away any second. The girls playing hopscotch looked at her like she belonged in a mental institute, but to my surprise, she was smiling from ear to ear. 

I craned my neck to see the book she was reading was my favourite one, 

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. 

She wasn't pretty in the normal kind of way, but her smile was the cutest smile that could light up a ballroom. 

end

Taylor's POV

Her red car made the last turn to Vinnie's house. You could already know that's where the party was. Red paper cups were strewn around everywhere. Some people were drunkly making out outside the house and there was a line of people outside and was that a bouncer? The driveway was obviously full so we parked at the side of the road a little further.