-Eustass Kidd-

-AN-
Yo. Mmkay, this wasn't requested by anyone, but I was in the mood to do something original, if not, odd. So, I decided to take two things that would never fit, and make a fan fiction out of them. Those two things? Eustass Kidd, and concern, lol. So, this is what I came up with.

Trigger warning: Mentions of depression and self harm. Oh, and when I say self harm, I don't mean cutting, since that's not the only form of self harm. In this one, it's nicotine abuse, (smoking)

Also, I'm starting two new books.
One, I am going to publish as soon as I have done this chapter; A Law x Oc/ Kidd x Oc (Centred around Me and a Friend :3)

The other is still in the works. It's a Eustass Kidd x Reader; modern AU. That one won't be released until I've finished the chapters I have in the works for this one-shot book. As I intend to pull this story, and the others, over for a while, to focus souly on these new ones.

Song: Sarcasm

Artist: Get Scared

~*~

-Your POV-

It hurts, y'know? It really fucking hurts having to trudge through every day with a multitude of enormous burdens sat on your shoulders. It's like carrying your demons around with you, listening silently as they witter into your ear about all the horrible things you should do to yourself.

Maybe you're confused as to what I'm talking about.

Cut short, it's depression. The mind-numbing, soul-crushing, vomit-inducing, darkness-incarnate miserable son of a bitch chemical imbalance, which makes you hate yourself, and everything you do.

Sometimes, I try to give my demons faces. And make them less scary. For example, my anxiety. When I think of anxiety, I imagine a scared, grey little child, walking nervously beside me, holding my hand.

Yeah, it works a little bit. But when the full force of my demons hit me head on, that scared little child becomes something twisted; and suddenly, I'm terrified all over again.

With a heavy sigh, I shrink back against the railing of the ship, head tilted back as I stare at the sky. The clouds above were grey, and dreary. Much like the heavy lungful of smoke I had just released.

The cigarette sat between my fingers, worn down, and about three drags off being finished. I seemed to blend in perfectly with the setting around me. My dark clothes designed to blend me into the background; where I felt safest.

I raised the cancerous-stick to my lips again, and took a deep inhalation. But the greedy lungful was cut short by the slamming open of a door.

"(Name)! Get your ass in here, I-..."

Ah, Kid was here. I liked Kid. He was a brutish, violent man, and had a bluntness to him that had perfect ways of keeping me under control. I had been in a relationship with my Captain for a while now, something I never thought possible. Kid seems more like a one-night-stand kinda guy to me, but hey. I'm not complaining. The guy knows how to fuck.

"What do you want?"

I ask, looking at the man who cut his own sentence off, and prepare yet another cigarette, for when the current one is done.

The man of fiery-red hair doesn't reply, and instead narrows his eyes at me. I've seen that look before, and sigh. Somehow, I've pissed him off by doing nothing. Meh, nothing unusual.