Chapter V

~~~

Zelda, Aziz, Nabooru, and I made our way around the Fortress, helping others that needed it. At around 6:00, Aziz had to leave in order to help with dinner preparation back within the main Fortress building, where Ganondorf, Nabs, and I resided, as well as Zelda, for now, at least.

An hour and thirty minutes after Aziz's departure, at 7:30, Nabooru had to leave as well in order to make her rounds, checking on the guards on duty that shift.

And so there were two, me and Zelda.

"Miss Zelda!" a childish voice exclaimed. Scratch that – and then there were three, sigh. "Miss Zelda!"

"Yes?" Zelda turned around to face Nabila, the little girl she had been helping in archery for at least a good month. "What's wrong, Nabila?" her blue eyes flashed with concern as they caught sight of two skinned knees. "Oh, my goodness! Nabila – What happened?" she knelt down to look the girl in the eye.

"Miss Zelda, it hurts!" Nabila declared, whimpering slightly. It must have hurt a lot; Gerudo, especially females, have an extremely high tolerance for pain, although you could take into consideration the fact that she was only eleven-years-old.

"OK, Nabila, sh," Zelda crooned soothingly. "We have to clean this out – How did this happen?" she asked caringly, taking Nabila into her arms.

I stepped away slightly, unsure of what to do in this situation.

Nabila sniffled, and tears began to course down her face. "Rab pushed me onto the floor, and I landed on the gravel part of the walkway."

My blood began to boil – Again? I just had to deal with Ren; I couldn't deal with both of them now... But he hurt Nabila, and he shouldn't go unpunished. No little girl deserves to be pushed into a gravely path by an older, teenage guy. How could he do that without his conscience stopping him first? – Oh, wait – He doesn't have one...

I would deal with him later, but first, I had to be there for Nabila and Zelda. "Is there anything that I can do, Zelda?"

Nabila looked at me with her wide, amber eyes. "Can you hold my hand?" she asked, her voice wavering.

I looked at Zelda questioningly, and she nodded. "OK," I agreed, accepting the little girl's proffered hand.

"C'mon, you two. We should go inside, clean this out, and get some type of dressing for this wound. Then we can go get some dinner. How does that sound, Nabila?" Zelda asked, gazing into Nabila's eyes.

Nabila's eyes widened. "With you and Prince Link?" she asked excitedly.

Zelda nodded, a giggle escaping her lips. "Absolutely."

The little girl tugged on my hand. "C'mon, you two," she commanded, copying Zelda's previous words.

I chuckled a bit as we began walking to the main Fortress building. I noticed a shadowy figure standing near the entrance after we entered but neglected to mention anything. I mean, it couldn't be anything serious, right?

Zelda led us to the infirmary and motioned for Nabila to sit on top of a large bed. Nabila complied, and Zelda beckoned me over to where she had begun preparing the bandages necessary. "She's an orphan, so she gets lonely sometimes," she explained to me aside, speaking below a whisper.

I nodded in understanding, and things became slightly clearer for me in regards to why Nabila behaved the way she did. "Ah," was all I uttered, and we walked back to Nabila's bed.