Chapter 13

Chapter 13

-Ryan Fox- 

  I knocked on the door after checking to make sure no one was following me. The door swung open to reveal Alyssa decked out in Giants gear. A black and orange shirt hung on her loosely over a pair of faded shorts. She pulled on a black hat with the Giants' insignia on it and a pair of large sunglasses. She turned to look at me and her lips formed a line. "Um, do you want me to change?" I laughed and shook my head.

  "Just because I'm in a Dodgers shirt doesn't mean you have to change," I laughed as we walked to his car. "Just watch out at the stadium, okay?"

  "I will," She nodded and slipped into the passenger seat.

  "You know, I'm really sorry about what happened last week," I said as I started driving towards the Dodgers' Stadium.

  "I said it was fine," She said softly, but I could tell it wasn't fine. "I guess if I saw Ryan Tedder, I'd run after him too."

  "Yeah, but I'm sorry," I apologized again.

  "I said it was fine," She insisted.

  "But you took so long to reply to me," I pressed on, mentioning my text, "which means it wasn't fine. I stole half of your audience."

  "Apology accepted," She sighed, "Okay?"

  "Okay." I grinned at her.

><><><><

  "Ryan!" Alyssa whispered to me as we went through security, "Everyone's staring at me."

  "Well, this is L.A. and you're wearing a San Francisco t-shirt," I laughed as she tugged at my shirt sleeve.

  "Well, you wouldn't let me change," She hissed as she stepped through the metal detector.

  "We would've been late," I reasoned as she followed me to our seats. We weaved our way through the crowd of blue, and I clutched Alyssa's wrist hoping that she wouldn't get lost in the sea of people.

  "What if someone recognizes you?" She frowned. "Wait, are our seats up there?"

  "Who cares?" I smirked. Getting caught by anyone didn't matter, because that's pretty much the goal. "And yes, our seats are up there."

  "Dude, this is so close to the field," She gasped as she followed me down the concrete stairs to our seats. 

  "Yeah," I nodded in agreement, "How many baseball games have you gone to again?"

  "Uh, like two? Not including this one," She shrugged.

  "Just two?" I scoffed.

  She was about to reply when a man, three rows behind us, threw a wad of popcorn in our direction. "Hey girl! Giants suck!"

  "Shut up!" Alyssa yelled back not fazed by his insult. "Ugh, people and sports. Oh, and yeah, just two."

  "So, just two," I said slowly, ignoring what just happened. "How about I make a bet with you. If the Dodgers win, our duet goes on the album. If the Giants win, then, the track doesn't go on the album. Unless you want it to."

  "And," She added, "You have to wear the lobster suit and dance around in my next video."

  "Deal," I smirked. There's no way I'll have to wear a lobster suit. The Dodgers are clearly gonna win.  "Oh, and I'm not getting you a lobster suit."

  "Oh, I already have one," She smirked. I'm not even going to ask about that.  

-Alyssa Taylor-