Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N: I know I'm a bit late, but Happy New Years everyone! Thank you so much for everything you all have done for me in 2015! Also i just realized I hit 5k followers, so thank you everyone!

[ edit, lmao ya'll got like 15 or 16 more  chapters left but I didn't know it at the time ]

- - - -

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies." ~ Unknown

- - - -

I was fairly certain I had been thrown into a reality T.V. show the next morning. For fifteen, just fifteen minutes, everything was calm; there was no drama, no noise, no yelling or screaming, no nothing. But it all started when Liam and I descended down the steps, dressed and ready for the upcoming events of the day that our short fifteen minutes of calm, ended.

Personally, I would've never noticed the vast amount of men just lounging in one of the living rooms that morning. They were sprawled out everywhere; on the back of sofas, lying on the floor, sitting in seats. Cups and plates were scattered around the room as the men grouped themselves with their close knit friends, and chatted. A low murmur rattled around the room as Liam came to an abrupt halt in the doorway.

Like most days, Luciano had dressed himself formally. He wore a pair of navy blue dress pants and a white shirt. His navy blue tie, one that matched his pants perfectly, was slung around his neck, waiting to be tied. Liam's hair was still wet from his morning shower; but just like any of day, he looked fine – despite the amount of sleep we didn't get.

And before you assume that, no. Sleep was hard to come by, simply because Liam had twisted and turned the entire night, mumbling sentences under his breath that hardly made sense.

Nobody in the room turned to give their attention to Luciano; we stood in the doorway for a moment or two, before Liam raised a fist, knocking it on the wall beside him. "Hello?" His greeting came out in an irritated fashion, making me cringe. All the heads turned in our direction and the T.V. was muted. A few men coughed out a greeting with food in their mouth, while some waved like children.

Then some idiot in the back of the room shouted out, "It's me!"

"- I was wondering if after all these you'd like to meet – "

" – to go over ever –"

Liam taps the wall again, his eyebrows furrowing. "Cut the bullshit, Adele. Why the hell are all of you eating in here? I have dining rooms for a fucking reason."

I could personally feel the nervousness and anxiety in the room grow. Everyone seemed to cower under Liam's quick and hasty response. They all grew serious and the previous chuckling died down quickly. I kept my mouth shut; it was clear this morning that Liam hadn't been in a good mood – I wasn't sure whether it was his lack of sleep, or the near suicide attempt one of his best friends almost went through with late last night.

It took a while for someone to finally finish swallowing their breakfast to reply. Others simply shoved a biscuit in their mouth, hoping Luciano didn't call them out to answer. At one point, I was ready to grab his arm and tell him it wasn't important; but I decided against that.

"The dining room is full, Liam," a voice finally replied to Liam. It was soft and cautious, but echoed throughout the silent room clearly.

Liam's facial expression doesn't change. "I have a conference room that serves as an overflow. What I do know-" Liam leaves my side and marches into the room, where a thin man had placed two of his biscuits on the arm of Luciano's sofa. Liam brushes the food onto the floor, glaring at the man. "-Is that you don't leave food on my four-thousand dollar couch." As Liam stands up, turning from the man he had been addressing, the others in the room quickly scatter to grab any of their food that so happened to be on Luciano's furniture.