Awkward dinner's{28}

I'm a little nervous to go have dinner at Chase's house.
1.Because I want to make a good impression.
2.Because I don't want Paul to make Chase mad.
3.I just hope his mom thinks I'm good enough.

I mean I have meet her before and she seems lovely and Chase seems to have a lot of respect for his mom which is great so I just don't want to embarrass myself.

School was pretty basic today same old stuff but I couldn't help but notice the glares I got from Ashley and her friends I just hope she's not up to know good because I will not let her ruin Chase and mine's relationship!

I have to get ready to go to Chase's in a hour and I still haven't told my dad yet I just hope he doesn't get upset because I know he'll be a little more cautious this time after Kyle because when I broke up with Kyle it just broke me and I knew it killed dad to see me so down.

I walk down stairs and I can hear him typing on his laptop.

I swear that man never stops working.

"Hey dad, could I have a word?" I asked nervously playing with my fingers.

"Sure sweetie, what's up?" He ask and lift's his head away my his laptop to give me his full attention. That's one of the good things about my dad yes he's a workaholic but when you need to talk you become number one which I'm grateful for.

"Um well...you know Chase?"

"Yeah?"

"Well we're sought of um...dating" I whisper the last part.

"Dating?" He raises a eyebrow at me.

"Um yep, dating" I start to fidget in how awkward I feel.

"Well that's good then hun" he smiles and puts his reading glasses on.

"Good?" I asked stunned.

"Yes don't you think so?"

"Well yeah I do, but I thought--"

"Look Layla your seventeen and I know that you really like him, and besides I like him he seems like a good lad" he smiles and places his laptop back on his lap.

Chase Ryder, a good lad?

"Well that's good then, but um I'm going to his later because he wants me to come over for dinner to properly meet his family"

"Nervous honey?" My dad asked.

"A little, but I better get ready" I say and run up stairs.

****

When I hear Chase knock at the door I immediately head down stairs.

I didn't dress up to much seeing it's just dinner at Chase's house so I just put on my dark blue skinny jeans and a white short sleeve t-shirt it was a little lose and showed a little bit of my stomach, I straighten my hair and put a little wing eyeliner on.

When I open the door I'm greeted by a smiling Chase he was wearing black skinny jeans and a plan grey t-shirt.

"Hello gorgeous" he smiles and leans down and hugs me.

Before I shut the door my dads walk up to us.

"Hello Mr Wood" Chase says very politely that even I was surprised.

"Please call me Frank" my dad says and puts his hand out for Chase to shake which he does.

"You better look after my little girl Chase" my dad says with a serious voice.

"Dad!" I groan.

"I will sir--I mean Frank" Chase smiles and puts a arm around my waist.

"Bye dad!" I yell and literally pull Chase outside.