31. The Wolf and the Wizard

The incredibly beautiful banner on the side was made by BittersweetZonira! Thank you so much, its really amazing! JUST WOW♥

Dedicated to syglkisy for being such an eager and enthusiastic reader. Your comments always radiate energy and bring a smile to my face! Thanks hun!

A huge shoutout to bond999 because she's just abso-frickin-lutely AWESOME.  I love her♥ (purely platonic lol)

This chapter is unedited so kindly excuse the grammatical errors.

______

Suzzanah's POV

The minute his name escaped my lips his strong muscular arms engulfed me and pulled me flush into his body. He buried his face in my neck, while I placed my chin on his shoulder, standing on my toes to reach it. One of his hands cupped the back of my head while the other encircled my waist, holding me impossibly close to him as he hugged me tight.

I had been hugged before, by my sister and by a few friends, but never had I experienced an embrace which was so full of emotion that it made my heart warm. Kai held me so close that I could feel his strong heart beating wildly against my chest. His hold was tight and yet gentle, as though he was afraid I would break.

His fingers tangled in my hair as he inhaled deeply, exhaling warm breaths onto the skin of my neck. There was something extremely intimate about this embrace, not so much on the superficial level but deeper, much further down, closer to my soul. It was desperate and possessive, it was protective and strong, it was loving and warm, so very warm.

And it made me so, so happy.

Closing my eyes, I put my arms around his neck and hugged back, relishing the feel of his warmth against my own flushed skin. In that moment, I felt whole, I felt complete.

Because this werewolf completes me!

"Mine", Kai's rich deep voice called possessively into my skin making waves of pleasure wash over me, "Since the day the human shifted into me for the first time, I have longed to meet you", he told me, his voice a deep whisper, but loud enough for me to hear "I have dreamt of protecting you in my arms, of exalting you in my eyes and of cherishing you in my heart"

I pressed myself further into him, holding him tighter.

"I have longed to see your face, to touch your skin, to hear your voice. I have longed for you, more than anything else in this entire world, both I and the human", I felt his hands tremble slightly before his grip around me tightened, "It was the worst pain imaginable to think that you may not exist"

My heart hurt on hearing his words, and it was not just my own pain but also his that I could feel. I ran my hand through his hair comfortingly, massaging the nape of his neck, "Why did you think I wouldn't exist", I asked softly.

He exhaled deeply before he started to pull away. I was about to look into his eyes when he suddenly bent down and lifted me off the ground into his arms. A surprised gasp escaped my lips at the sudden action and I clung to him as he buried his face in my neck yet again before turning and walking towards my bed. He slowly sat down on the bed with me still in him arms, sitting on his lap as he held me close.

"We didn't believe that it was possible...", his voice came out strained and in a mere whisper, "for us to have someone to call our own after all this time...after all this time of having been alone"