7: Leverage

"Just please come

"Just please come. Jeremy, Damon and Bonnie all left. Stefan and Elena aren't helping and I just need a little help." Caroline whined.

"Caroline, Im not even going to the masquerade, I'm not helping you set up!" I state as I stood In front of my mirror, putting on mascara.

"You've been locked up in your bedroom since you were shot. It's almost been a week, B! You're completely healthy, so get your ass to the Lockwood's now!" Caroline's voice echoed out of my phones speaker. "What are you doing right now? Was that pop I just heard the sound of mascara closing? Are you already getting ready to come?!"

"Don't vamp listen to me!" I huffed, putting my closed mascara into my makeup bag. "And, no. I'm not getting ready to come to help you."

"Then what the hell are you getting ready for? It's not like your actually going to leave the house." Caroline sighed, dramatically.

"I'm going to the doctors. Something's wrong with me." I grabbed my phone, taking it off speaker as I held it to my ear.

"What do you mean? Damon gave you blood when you got shot, unless you've hurt yourself since then, you're fine." Caroline stated, more concerned than mad that I wasn't coming.

"You know that ache in my stomach I've been getting since the crash? Yeah, still getting it. Since Damon, Stefan and I all got shot, it's been constant, hasn't gone away. I drank two bottles of bourbon to myself two nights ago, which usually makes it go away, and even though my whole body was numb, the ache was still there. More painful than ever." I grabbed my keys from the top of my dresser before walking out of my room. "Vampire blood doesn't help it either, so if booze can't fix it, and supernaturals can't fix it; I'm hoping a doctor can."

"If blood can't fix it, I don't think anything will." Caroline said slowly and quietly.

"I know, I just-" I paused at the bottom of the stairs as the doorbell rang. "I just need it to go away. I can't deal with it anymore. It was bearable before, a couple shots of something strong would make it go away, but nothing is helping now. I wasn't even able to get out of bed to pee it was so bad a couple days ago." The doorbell rang again. "someone's at the door, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay." Caroline sighed again just before the line went dead.

I pushed my phone into my pocket as I opened the door. A curly haired Elena stood in front of me. I only realized it was Katherine when the day she kidnapped me ran through my head. "Katherine."

"Hi, Blair." She smiled small as she walked into the house. "How are you?"

"Like you care." I faked a smile back.

"You're right, I don't. I just need something from you." Katherine leaned on the railing of the staircase.

"Yeah, well I have some questions." I ignored my ache, focussing more on Katherine to try and distract myself.

"Ookay." Katherine raised her eyebrows, "you can ask two questions, then you have to do as I ask."

"Deal." I say, finally shutting the front door. "What do you know about stomach aches that vampire blood can't fix?"

Katherine laughed, "do I look like a doctor?" Her laugh ending once she saw that I was glaring at her. "Well, rumor has it cancer can't be healed by our blood."

"I have cancer?" I stated, more as a question, my eyes wide.

"Oh, you're talking about you?" Katherine laughed lightly again. "You don't have cancer. You're just missing something in your life. I know what it is, I'm not going to tell you, but I know what it is. Drugs will make it go away, start those again."

"Alcohol doesn't help it, I doubt drugs will." I continued to glare at her.

"Alcohol doesn't?"

"Not anymore. It did before we got shot." I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest as the ache slowly came back.

"We?"

"Damon, Stefan and I."

"Ah, makes since." Katherine nodded, "anyways, next question. Think wisely, it's the last one you'll get."

I paused to think. My original question was going to be who did I love, or why did I compel the person I loved away. But I wasn't sure that's what I wanted to ask now.

"Why does that make since? Tell me what I'm missing or I won't help you." I asked after a good two minutes of thinking.

Katherine sighed, "fine." She stopped leaning on the stairs and stood straight. "You know you loved someone. You started loving them when you were on drugs, and when you got off the drugs, that person became a sort of addiction instead of the drugs."

"The person you loved is kind of always around, and when you see him, you're ache will get worse, as if your craving him. Most people who compel away their first loves, don't hang around them afterwards." Katherine said, "the only way for the ache to go away is for you to remember him."

"Well, who was it?" I squinted at her, secretly praying that she'd tell me.

"Eh, eh, eh." She waved her finger in front of me. "Two questions are up. You're turn to help me out."

"Fine." I huffed, "what do I have to do?"

Katherine pulled my bracelet off quickly, throwing it before it could burn her hand anymore. "I want the moonstone. Mason Lockwood had it, but he hid it. I know that all your friends know about it, which means they'll be looking for it. Once they find it, you call me and I'll come get it."

I thought for a second, remembering Damon told me that the stone was for the sun and the moon curse. "Why do you want it?"

"Leverage." Katherine smiled, taking my phone from me as she entered her number. She then placed her hands on my shoulders and stared into my eyes. "Call me when they find it."

//

an ; hope you guys don't hate this chapter, I rushed writing it last night because I wanted to upload before my birthweekend starts aha. Next chapter will be the masquerade! Please vote and comment! ❤️

Question thing ; comment a random/funny/interesting fact about yourself. I want to get to know you guys a little bit better :)) xx ashelina