17

she gulped in nervousness. she could feel her hands sweating, but she couldn't care less about that. not especially when jimin is right in front of her, waiting for her reply.

she then laughed like some maniac, it was kind of like hyejin's laugh in the drama called 'she was pretty' - and jimin could only furrow his brows in confusion.

she couldn't be taking this as a joke, too, right? he thought.

"you know, i'm telling the truth. it's not a joke." jimin said.

daesom paused and gulped before chuckling nervously, "uhh, i'm sorry, jimin, but i only see you as a friend, not anything more than that."

after realizing what she'd said before thinking twice, she widened her eyes.

"uhm, that's not what—"

"okay. if that's what you think of me, then i guess i'll just have to accept it." jimin said and gave a bitter smile.

daesom could see that it was a forced one, and she immediately felt bad.

"look, i—"

"let's just pretend that i never confessed to you, okay? wait, we're still friends, right?" jimin copied what daesom told jungkook last time as a joke.

daesom didn't laugh, but instead she looked at him dejectedly.

jimin frowned, "don't look at me like that. do you not want me as a friend?"

daesom shook her hands, "o-of course i do!"

jimin grinned, "great! now, didn't you said that you wanted to buy some snacks and milks? go in." he nodded at the mart in front of them.

daesom gave him a sad smile, "okay."

she entered the mart only to be greeted by a cheerful jungkook, "hi, dae! how's your day going?"

daesom sighed, "bad."

jungkook frowned, "why? did hoseok get drunk again?"

"no, not that. something worse." daesom looked down, looking at her shoes.

jungkook pouted, punching daesom in the shoulder lightly, "hey, you okay? this is not the daesom that i know."

daesom sighed, looking at jungkook, "do you love your girlfriend?"

jungkook was confused, but decided to answer anyway, "uh, yes of course. why'd you ask?"

"what is love, jungkook?" daesom asked.

jungkook looked somewhere over the distance and sighed dreamily. "love is—"

"forget it." daesom grumbled.

jungkook went back to his senses and blinked, "huh?"

"i am so confused." daesom muttered.

"with what? i can help." jungkook beamed.

"promise to not tell anybody about this?" daesom asked, holding out her pinky.

jungkook locked his pinky with hers and nodded.

"well, the thing is...." she trailed of, hesitating on whether to tell him or not.

"you can trust me. i won't tell anybody." jungkook reassured, smiling at her.

daesom sighed hardly, "what if the annoying jimin likes me?"

a/n:

first of all, IM BACKKKK! i've just realized that i haven't been on wattpad for 4 days. it's just that school started this monday and i've been busier and whatsoever. i've just finally finished the first week of school, so i'm able to go back to updating c:

i'll try my best to update more so yeah. but wait, there are actually still people reading this fic, right?