Chapter 41

Ibrahim's POV:

I sat and waited for Summer. She was in the shower and I was watching the kids. The twins have a separate room that is joint to their nursery.

Right now, they're in mine and Summer's room, waiting for her. Soon she came and I looked at her. Her full lips, button nose, grey eyes, long black hair and I made a prayer in my head, thankful for her.

"The wedding was great." She said, a smile playing on her lips.
"Yeah, it was. My sisters had so much fun organising it." I said. Then we just turned over and fell asleep with that awkward conversation still hanging in the air.

Nothing more, nothing less.

1 week later

We sat and after the twins fell asleep at about 9 and we went upstairs, I plucked up the courage to ask her.

"Can I see what's in your box?" She kept a box on the floor beside her side of the bed. She guarded it with her life. Summer gave me a sad smile.
"It's my memory box." She said, slowly handing it over. I slowly opened it and stared inside.

Pictures. A flower. A box that used to contain an engagement ring. 2 candle stubs. A long ribbon that you usually find tied around chairs at weddings or engagement parties. A diary labelled 'Me and Ali-Nooh.' The pictures backed up the swing story, the cinema story.

She must have loved him so much. I saw her playing with the ring Ali-Nooh had given her. I was slightly jealous. The ring Ali gave her was on her proper ring finger, the one on her left hand. Mine was hanging limply on her right hand. She barely glances at it.

Then, I realised. I need to up my game. I need to make my wife love me.

Sorry for the late updates but I promise there will be at least once every week from now on.
Also, huge thank you to _amatullah_ for adding my book to her favourites!
If you haven't already, chexk out her books, they are amazing!
Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Bye x