Chapter 144.

My alarm sounds and Hardin groans at the obnoxious noise.

"Tess.." He whines, rolling back over and covering his head with his pillow.

I quickly shut it off and climb out of bed to get ready for my first day back and Vance. When I get out of the shower I wrap a towel around my damp body and head to the kitchen to start the coffee pot. I am a little nervous to see Kimberly, I do not know what her reaction to Hardin and I getting back together will be. She is not judgmental but I don't know what my reaction would be if it were her going through the same thing with Christian. She doesn't know all of the details but she knows they are bad enough for me to keep them from her.

I am also not looking forward to seeing Trevor, in a way I am because he is very nice and we get along great but I have a feeling he won't be too thrilled that I am taken, once again. Honestly, I always have been since the day he met me. With my steaming coffee mug in my hand I walk over to the large window in the living room. The snow is falling in thick clusters, I wish it would stop snowing already. I hate driving to work in the snow because I have to take the freeway most of the way to Vance.

"Morning." Hardin's voice startles me from the hall.

"Morning." I smile and take another drink of my coffee.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" I ask him as he wipes the sleep from his eyes.

"Shouldn't you be dressed?" He retaliates.

I smile and walk past him towards the bedroom to get myself dressed, he tugs on the towel and pulls it from my body making me shriek and rush to the room. I hear his footsteps behind me and I lock the door. God knows what will happen if I let him in the room. My skin flames at the thought but I do not have time for that right now, I have to get ready.

"Nice, very mature." He says through the wood.

"I never claimed to be mature." I smile and pad to the closet.

I decide to wear a long black skirt and red blouse, not my most flattering outfit but it's my first day back and it's snowing.

After I put light makeup on in the full length mirror in the closet all I have left to do is dry my hair. When I open the door Hardin is no where to be found. I quickly half dry my hair before pulling back into a secure bun.

"Hardin?" I grab my purse and phone.

No answer. Where is he? My heart begins to pound as I walk through the apartment in search for him. The front door clicks open and he steps inside, covered in snow.

"Where were you? I was getting nervous."

"Nervous of what?" He asks.

"I don't know really, that you were hurt or something?" I sound ridiculous.

"I was just starting your car for you so it's warm when you get down there." He shrugs and removes his soaked boots leaving a puddle of slush on the concrete.

"You were?" I can not hide my surprise.

"Yea.. "

"Who are you?" I laugh.

"Don't start that shit or I will go back down and slice your tires." He says.

I roll my eyes and laugh at his empty threat. "Well thank you, I hate driving in the snow so at least the car will be warm." I smile.

"I..I can drive you?" His eyes meet mine.

Now I really don't know who he is. He was polite for the most part yesterday and now he is heating my car and offering to drive me to work, not to mention the way he laughed so hard last night that his eyes were brimming with moisture. Honesty really does look good on him.