Lessons Learned

Could not think of a better title, so . . . *shrugs* Oh, well.

But . . . see who's back? ^^

***

"And they made you choose?" Martha frowned as the group walked down the hall of the New Avengers building.

"Well, the Doctor did," Rory admitted as they sat down in the commons area, the four companions and Martha.

"It doesn't sound like something the Bad Wolf would do," Martha shook her head. "But if she said the older Amy couldn't be saved, then it probably wasn't possible."

"She's the Bad Wolf," Amy sniffed. "She can do anything."

"She's not invincible. I know from experience." Martha looked at them. "Did they ever tell you about Sokovia?"

"No," Jemma frowned. "They haven't said anything, except . . . something about an android?"

Martha laughed. "Yeah, I suppose that would be worth mentioning." She put her finger to an earpiece. "This is Doctor Jones. Maximoffs, Vision, could you come to the commons on the second floor?" There must have been chatter on the other line, because Martha nodded. "All right."

"Did you fight in the battle?" Fitz asked, tilting his head.

"I did what I could," Martha nodded. "Fought in Wakanda, too. I'm thinking about asking Steve about the possibility of me training with the others."

"Martha?"

Everyone turned to see a set of twins approaching, one in silver grey, the other in red. "Here we are," Martha smiled. "Pietro, Wanda, these are the Doctor's and the Bad Wolf's companions: Amy Pond, Rory Williams, Jemma Simmons, and Leo Fitz. This is Pietro Maximoff and his twin sister, Wanda, also known as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. They're two of the newer recruits to the Avengers." A moment later, there was a rush of wind from outside. "And that'll be Vision."

The android soon ghosted through the windows, walking forward. "You called, Doctor Jones?"

"The Bad Wolf helped bring the Vision to life," Martha nodded to him. "She and Thor shared the same vision, of what the Infinity Stones can do. Vision is made of vibranium, with the Mind Stone embedded in his forehead."

"Wow," Jemma's eyes were extremely wide.

"Impressive, isn't it?" Martha grinned, before it faded slightly. "She can help make Vision . . . but she's not bulletproof."

Pietro cringed. "Ah. What is it we are discussing?"

"How the Bad Wolf isn't perfect."

"No, but she is incredible," Pietro nodded. "If it was not for her, I would not be alive."

"She saves a lot of people," Rory admitted.

"But she would have died if the cradle had not saved her," Wanda gave a pointed look. "There have been people she cannot save. If she could not save whoever it is you are thinking of, then the person could not be saved."

Rory sighed. "I think a part of me knew that. It still hurts, however."

"Jessie didn't look too happy, either," Fitz pointed out.

Wanda frowned. "Where is the TARDIS, then?"

"First floor, by the simulations," Martha answered. The Maximoff twins headed off, and Martha smiled at the Ponds. "Well, would you like a tour of the facility?"

***

"We really could take them to the number one planet in intergalactic travel," Jessie told the Doctor, watching him work under the console.

"We already got this one wrong," the Doctor said darkly. "No need to mess up again."

"Kasterborous," Jessie facepalmed. "It was one wrong try. You know as well as I do that we'll mess up again. When have we not messed up a destination?"

"We made Rory choose between two wives," the Doctor pointed out, looking at her. "He said he didn't want to travel anymore."

"In his defense, he was rather ticked off at the time."

"I would be, too, if I had to choose between two of you."

"I don't know if that's helping or not."

Before he could reply, there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" he called.

"We do not have a key!"

"Pietro!" Jessie cheered, running down to the door as the Doctor grinned, scrambling to his feet. She opened the door and grinned, seeing the two Maximoffs smiling at her. "Wanda!"

"Fancy seeing you two here," the Doctor jumped down the stairs next.

"We saw your companions speaking with Martha," Pietro explained. "We thought we would check in."

"Last adventure was a bit rough," Jessie admitted. "Could have gone worse."

"Well, not really," the Doctor winced.

Jessie gave him a look. "We could have taken the older Amy instead, or taken none of them at all."

"OK, point made."

Wanda peered past them into the TARDIS and grinned. "Can we see?"

"Come on!" Jessie laughed, taking her hand and pull her inside.

The Doctor shook his head fondly, watching Jessie show Wanda the various controls on the TARDIS console. "Truthfully, Doctor," Pietro looked at him. "What happened?"

The Doctor sighed. "We got someone's hopes up when we shouldn't have. Rory threatened to leave."

"Ah." Pietro tilted his head. "That is the Bad Wolf's companion, yes?"

"One of them, yes. It was my fault he got his hopes up, but it didn't give him an excuse to take it out on her."

"We are not all aliens, Doctor. We do not all understand things as you do. And when we are angry, we take it out, sometimes, on people we do not mean to. He will come around, I think."

The Doctor sighed. "Why are you - "

BANG!

"Whoa!" Jessie shouted, grabbing onto the console as the TARDIS groaned, tilting to the side. Wanda nearly crashed into the railing before she clutched one of the chairs. "Doctor, what the hell was that?"

"I don't know!" the Doctor ran to the console, looking over everything as Pietro followed him. "I didn't set anything!"

"Something is red," Pietro gestured to one of the scanners.

Jessie pulled it to her, and blanched, stunned. "Oh, my God!"

"What is it?" the Doctor asked. "What?"

She swallowed. "We're getting pulled into another universe!"

"WHAT?!"

***

And if everyone will direct their attention to watching for "Apocalypse Rising," my four DW universes will be colliding any day (or moment) now. *grins triumphantly*

It will take forever . . . and it will be so worth it.