Chapter Three - Editted

I didn't sleep that night. Or the night after that. Or the night for the next two week's. By then I had enough courage to go and talk to Mitch. 

The pack house was empty, because today was the annual trip. The Alpha never went. I knocked slowly on the door. 

"Come in?" Mitch sounded confused. I took a deep breath, opening the door. "Aaron, didn't I- Chloe?" I smiled weakly at him. He rushed forwards, pulling me into a hug. "Where the hell have you been?!" 

"In a hotel. I came to tell you something. It is really important." Mitch nodded, pointing to the seat opposite his. I took a deep breath, staring at his desk. "I found my mate when I was 18." He looked at me, shocked. "And, I never said anything because I didn't want to hurt him. He was in love, and I didn't want to hurt him." Mitch looked at me, knowing in his eyes. "Aaron meant to much to me. And, now he is married and is going to imprint on Claire, I can't stay. And he can't know that he killed me." Mitch stared at me. 

"But, I don't understand! You two were always hugging!" I nodded, wiping the stray tears away. 

"But I refused skin to skin contact. He thought we were drifting apart. We weren't, I just chose not to tell him." A tear fell down Mitch's cheek. 

"You love him enough to let him mark someone else and kill you." He said in awe. "But I won't." Pain erupted in my chest. My hand automatically clutched my chest. 

"I think your too late, Mitch." Mitch shook his head. 

"AARON!" He yelled loudly. "COME HERE, NOW!" He looked me dead in the eye. "I will not let him kill you, Chlo." I smiled weakly at him, wiping away the tears. 

"Not now, dad! I'm doing something important!" I heard Claire giggling in the background. My chest erupted into pain, again. 

"NO! NOW! THIS IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!" I heard Aaron grunt, before he started to come down the stairs. I kissed Mitch's cheek. 

"I'm off." I whispered, before jumping out the window as the door opened. 

Aaron's P.O.V

I opened the door, sighing. That close to imprinting on her, and dad ruins it! "What?" I asked, agitated. He was crying. "Dad?" He motioned to the chair, telling me to sit. He took a deep breath, wiping away some tears. 

"I know why Chloe doesn't want to be apart of the pack." He said slowly. "It's because she found her mate." I felt a pang in my heart. "She found him 5 years ago, but loved him too much to get in the way of his relationship with another girl." I looked at me dad in awe. He took another deep breath, looking me dead in the eye. "She is your mate, Aaron."

My wolf growled, nodding. I stared at my dad, shocked. My best friend, the girl who was always there for me, my mate?

"That isn't all, Aaron." He took another deep breath. "She was willing for you to imprint on Claire and for you to kill her." I gasped, standing. 

"Where is she?!" I shouted. 

"She ran." My dad's lower lip trembled, tears falling down his cheeks. "She was so scared, son." 

"I need to find her!" I yelled, rushing outside and down the lawn. I smelt her. She was here. I went to run, but a weight on my back stopped me. Claire's giggle met my ears. 

"Where are you off to, silly?" She whispered seductively. I sighed, taking my ring off. 

"I found my mate, Claire." She looked heart broken. 

"Yes, me." She said, pushing back to me. I shook my head. 

"My real mate. I need to go find her, Claire. Before she kill's herself."