Chapter 28: Daring Rescue

The foul beast raised it's huge club, easily as big as one of the girls. It swung across with such force it knocked down the stall Hermione was in. Rose started to go towards the pile of wood but the Hermione emerged from it, way ahead of Rose already ducking under the next stall.

The troll followed her with his eyes and swung again the force of the blow knocking over the next stall. Splinters flew through the air and metal bent with ease from his powerful blow. There was only one stall left he hadn't destroyed.

As they flattened themselves onto the floor of the stall Rose saw Harry and Ron standing in the door way. As the troll smashed the stall Rose saw Harry jump on the freaking trolls back. It twisted and turned flinging Harry about while he hung on tight.

Then Ron did something crazy. He tried once, twice, then finally levitated the trolls own club over it's head. Harry, instead of using his wand for magic, stuck it up the trolls nose. When the club hit its meaty head it slowly teetered and fell to the ground unconscious.

Just then Sev and a gaggle of teachers walked in. Merlin knows what they where thinking. Hermione and Rose were holding each other on the floor on the floor covered in pieces of wood and dust. Then there was Harry standing next to the head of a giant mountain troll, pulling his wand from his nose.

Then there was Ron who was still looking from his wand to the club in awe. Ms. McGonagall started to chewing out the boys for rushing in. Hermione and Rose emerged brushing dust off themselves and each other.

Sev saw Rose and rushed over to her looking her up and down checking for serious injures while muttering about how dangerous that was. Hermione stepped forward.

"It was my fault professor. I've read about trolls before and I thought I could take it. Harry, Ron, and Rose came to stop me. Harry and Ron saved us though. Their the hero's here." Hermione said looking at her feet. Rose didn't know why she was taking all the blame.

"Well then, if that was what really happened," McGonagall said looking at the three kids. "Then I guess it shall be detention for miss Granger with 20 points from Griffendor, and 10 points to each of you three. Now get to the hospital wing so Madam Pomfrey can check you all out." McGonagall concluded. They started to file out.

Sev hugged Rose before she could leave. "Are you sure your okay? I was so worried when I saw you were in here. Please, as a rule, do not going chasing down trolls. If all of your friends went after a troll should you?" He said to her smiling at the end.

Rose smiling and gave him a hug before running after her friends. Sev stood back us. "That's the Griffendor," Sev said to McGonagall. "Who else in their right mind would go running after an eight foot mountain troll but a Griffendor."