The Clash

I wake up feeling someone embracing me. As my vision is adjusting, I see blue hair. Chloe! My whole body freezes, seeing the punk fast asleep in my bed, snuggling against me. My memory is refreshed, and plays the events from yesterday like a movie. The kiss, the confessions, the night, it's all coming back to me.
I'm in love with Chloe. Yeah stupid, you have been for months. Shut up, brain. Me and Chloe. Who would've thought that the shy hipster Maxine Caulfield would start dating Chloe freaking Price, the hottest punk in school? I laugh at myself, still not believing this is happening. Chloe moves a bit and tightens her embrace.

"Good morning, Ms. Price."

Chloe smiles, her eyes still closed.

"Good morning cauliflower," she says in a groggy morning voice. It's so cute, what the fuck, Chloe, can you be cute from school mornings till sleepless nights? Without thinking I start playing with Chloe's hair. We almost fall back asleep when I suddenly hear my alarm go off. Fuck, school.
I slam my hand on the alarm clock and sigh. Chloe sits up. She stretches her arms while yawning... and then falls back on the bed.

"Why does school have to start so early?"

"I know, right? But hey, we have our first class together if I remember correctly."

"Hella yes, what is it?"

I grab my schedule we received yesterday from our new history teacher, Mr. Benson. My eyes browse over the way-too-formal-looking paper and find the schedule. I sigh as I see it's math. Seriously, no one should get math this early. It's torture.

"It's math."

"Are you kidding me? Ugh,who's the teacher?"

"Same as last year, Ms. Sato."

Chloe grins.

"Ha, ok then, I don't mind."

I roll my eyes.

"You still got that crush on Ms. Sato?"

"Have you seen her Max? What am I saying, of course you have because you're hella gay!"

She throws a pillow at me and it full on hits me in the face. I blush when Chloe is actually right regarding our sexy math teacher.

"I knew it! So, that would make it a threesome."

"You, me and Ms. Sato?... I'll reconsider it."

"You don't have to play innocent Max, I know you would do it."

"Fine, but she isn't even into girl, plus I don't think she would be that stupid to actually sleep with her students."

"We ARE her hottest students, though."

"Still doesn't beat the fact that she's straight, Chloe."

Chloe pouts and crosses her arms.

"It's not fair."

I crawl towards Chloe and she pulls me in for a hug.

"But I guess I got my own smoking hot hipster."

I act shocked and take her head in my hands. I raise an eyebrow, and put on a somewhat sexual voice. I've never done this, ok?!

"And I got my punk captain."

She wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me closer to her before giving me a long passionate kiss. A knock on the door- and someone immediately walking in startles me and Chloe.

"What the hell?!" I whimper, as I turn around to look.

It's just Kate. She quickly closes the door.

"Oh hey, Kate," Chloe says in a friendly tone, not shocked at all.
It could've been anyone walking in. Oh my god, it could have been Rachel. I feel myself smiling, almost in a sinister way, imagining Rachel storming out after seeing me and Chloe kiss.

"So you two are a thing now."
Chloe and I look at eachother, I'm asking her with my eyes what to do. She answers for me.

"Yeah, pretty much, but could you keep it for yourself for now?"

"No problem, it was about time to be honest. I'm rich!"

Did she seriously start a bet? Oh Kate, I thought you were innocent.

"How much did you win? Chloe asks, releasing me and starting to get dressed. Kate sits on the couch while we're getting ready for school. She starts explaining that half of our class joined in on a bet, that a friend of Chloe started last year. Most of them had their money on the summer vacation hook up, but Kate and Alyssa put theirs on the first month of school.
Kate kind of cheated after all, she pretty much knew I felt something for Chloe... well, actually, almost everyone did.
Wait, was it that obvious? How did we not notice we were totally crushing on eachother?

First period. Me, Chloe and Kate walk up to class, laughing and having a fun conversation. Rachel appears out of nowhere and slaps Chloe in her face. The sound keeps echoing in my head. Chloe grabs her cheek and pushes Rachel. Rachel almost falls but regains her stance quickly.

"Cheating whore!" Rachel screams, tears flowing down her cheeks. What? Chloe was single... She would have told me if she was dating Rachel. Right?

"What?! There's no way that you can know that!"

"You said she was just a friend!"

Rachel points at me and takes a step closer to Chloe. I feel like I'm being pushed against the wall and can't breathe.

"You said the same about fucking Frank!" Chloe is screaming at the top of her lungs and doesn't back down.
Rachel steps closer and closer- but stops when she hears Frank's name. She bursts out in tears.

"I can't lose you, Chloe."

She throws herself in Chloe's arms. Chloe's arms stay next to her body. She freezes up and doesn't know what to do. But it makes me furious that she doesn't push her away. Rachel kisses Chloe and something in me snaps.

Chloe finally pushes Rachel away, and before I know it my fist makes contact with her jaw. Rachel falls onto the ground, clenching her fist and holding her jaw with her other hand. Chloe looks from me to Rachel and Kate.

"Holy shit, Max."

I don't know if Chloe is scared or impressed. Kate is staring at me in disbelief. Did I just hit Rachel?... fuck I'm going to get suspended. Rachel stands up and tries to hit me, but Chloe jumps in front of me and grabs the enraged blonde by her arm.

"Don't you dare fucking touch her!"

Chloe is standing up for me, even though I just hit one of her best friends... slash crush.
"Are you seriously leaving me for her?!"

"I can't walk away from something that wasn't real in the first place."

Rachel backs away in defeat, and bursts out in tears again. She runs away, hiding her face in one arm towards the bathrooms. Nathan crosses Rachel and follows her with his eyes as she runs by crying. He turns his sight to us and frowns but just walks away instead of starting more drama like he usually would.

"Well... at least it's never boring with you two," Kate says, taking the lead and walking inside. We follow her in silence.

This is going to be a long day.