Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Winter's POV

    I've been sitting on the roof for a good five hours looking at the night sky. I know Lincoln would be at the club right now. I've contemplated going to see him or not...I've stopped crying and haven't come from my room since the dinner. Swallowing the lump in my throat I made my way back inside and changed my shoes to Converse, grabbed my over the body bag, keys, and phone. 

    I silently made my way down to the main area of the house where the lights were on and was stopped by a voice. 

    "Where are you going Winter?" The pure disappointment in his voice made the sting behind my eyes come back. I kept my head down and shook my head. "Winter." He sighed and I heard him stand up.

    "To talk to him." I said quietly. Parker sighed and lifted my head so I was looking at him.

    "Give him a day." He said. "Those marks are too much for a mate to handle." He said and I moved his hands from me.

    "I know that!" I said crying. He stared at me confused. "It's not like....I...I can't tell you." I said and he sighed and nodded.

    "Well. Be careful." He said. "I know you had your reasons." He nodded to me and I left.

    After a short drive I was standing in front of his office door. I was let up because his men stopped questioning me now. I've came here a few times in the past week or so to see him. Usually to give him food. I knocked and heard his voice telling me to come in. Taking a breath I walked in hesitantly and noticed him working on his laptop. He looked up when I closed the door and I felt my hands shake horribly. Betrayal and anger washed over his features as he closed his laptop and leaned back with his jaw set.

    "What do you want." He said almost venomously making me look down.

    "Lincoln I want you to understand-" I started and he laughed sarcastically standing up.

    "Understand what? That for some young girl you get around. And it's your first month here?" He scoffed. That sent daggers to my heart making me blink. I swallowed and shook my head.