Chapter 27

S H A W N

Soon as the doors slid open I ran out of the train and up the stairs I went and continued running until I got to my destination having a feeling hoping she was there. Finally there I stood in front of her uncle's music store.

"Shawn!" I heard someone call me out and he jogged his way over here.
"I'm positive she's in there" I say.
"You want to go in first? Since I'm guessing she already showed you how to sneaked into the store" Matt chuckles slightly.

"You sure? I mean your her best friend and I'm pretty sure seeing me won't make her feel better" I say sadly.

"Why do you say that?" he asks.

"I don't know, I just do" I say truthfully. After all the things I've made her go through, I don't know how I feel at the moment. Suddenly we heard glass shatter. I turned around and ran into the alleyway. A piece of piano. I quickly ran to the fire escape beginning to climb it.

"I'll go through the back door!" Matt yelled.

I continued on climbing and finally reached the broken window. Banging was to be heard. I entered through the window. There she was hitting a piano with a baseball bat sobbing pretty hard with so much pain inside her. I stood there in shock never seeing her react this way before.

I flashed back to reality stopping her. "Nova stop!" I say grabbing her by her small waist.

"No!" she yells crying. "It hurts" she says dropping the baseball bat. I turned her around bringing her up to my chest hugging her with so much comfort.

"I miss her Shawn, I'm such a screw up, my life is so fucking messed up, I just can't do this anymore, I want to just end it all." she says as we both are now sitting on the floor. I hold her in my arms as my hands are placed on her head holding her against me.

Matt comes into the room and see's the mess. The broken piano and comes over to Nova. He takes a deep breathe.

"Baby girl?" he says. Nova was now calming down and as her eyes met up with Matt she quickly wraps her arm around his neck.

"I miss her.." she says once again still having me in confusion.

"It's okay, just remember she's in a better place" he says.

"I need her right now" she cries.

He pulls away and holds her by her cheeks. "Nova you stronger than this, she might not be here at the moment but know damn well she has your back at all times even at your worst, I'm here now, Shawn has been running around the whole city looking for you worried as hell" he tells her.

She nods her head understanding everything and looks around. "What did I do?" she looks at the broken piano with sadness.

~~~

The drive back to her house was quiet. She fell asleep during the whole ride in the back with Matt. As I pulled over at her house, I couldn't help but feel useless. Matt patted my shoulder.

"Hey man" Matt says. "You did good" he smiles. I smile back weakly. "What's wrong?" he asks.

"I just never have seen her this way before and I just feel so left out, dude I couldn't even comfort her back there" I confess. He sighs looking at Nova who was deep asleep and turned back to me.

"A while ago, her aunt passed away and she had the closest relationship with her, they were like sisters and best friends even" he smiles at the memory.

"But when Nova found out she had breast cancer, she was devastated so she tried to make the most memorable time with her.." he says.

"Unfortunately her time came too soon, we were down in Florida for a school trip and when we came back she was gone; Nova was locked up in her room for the longest time, this what she did tonight isn't the first time it's probably the third time" he says.

"Why do you think I hate every single guy she hangs around and protect her as if she's my sister? That's because I don't want her to be heart broken and react this way, that's why when I met you Shawn I knew you would do anything for her just like I would" he continues.

"You have to be patient with her, let her trust build onto you and she'll tell you every single story from her past and maybe you'll understand the way she is which is sensitive" he finishes.

He was right.

We got out of the car and sneaked her back into her house hoping not to wake up her mom.

Tonight has been crazy and definitely made me realize who she really is and that is a really caring person with very sensitive feelings. No wonder why she feels guilty for Sammy and that's because she doesn't want to hurt anybody's feeling.

She was now in bed. Matt and I slept on the floor in her bedroom wanting to give her some space.

________________________

A.N. Not going to lie I almost cried writing this chapter.

Other than that I'd like to just say but thank you guys for the positive feedbacks and I just love the comments you babes leave whether their either funny or just saying how you can't wait till the next chapter. I've been working on this story for like a year now and that's crazy!😳😄

We're half way from hitting six thousand reads and almost to three hundred votes. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I don't care if I have said it thousands of times but thank you 😉 lol and as always have a wonderful day or if your reading this at night. Have a goodnight fam.

Xox- @angel_xox

Edited // Published February 6, 2016