Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Oliver's POV

    Somehow this amazing girl projected what happened between her and Lincoln the other night in the mix of all things. It made us all freeze, and I felt Beck get very angry through the mate bond. She was whining and whimpering like a hurt pup and it hurt my heart to watch. She might not be my child, but since the boys mother has been so kind in leaving, she's brought that motherly side...in a way. They like it and I like seeing them act better, and more themselves. I watched Beck literally grab Lincoln by the collar and drag him. Oh shit.

    Parker walked after angrily, and this Kaine Hale looked so in pain watching Winter. She was protecting Landon, like she attempts to protect everyone. She's a bit..awkward and flip flops but she has a heart of gold. And that's when I saw Kaine walk calmly after my mate, son, and Alpha. So I followed knowing they're heading the basement. 

    A place we don't use...

    When I got down there I heard the calm voice of my husband. He loves that small girl upstairs, and regrets leaving her. She's special, and her mother...wasn't her mother. A surrogate of types. He was sent to make sure she was okay and got attached. He came here and he's had to visit with the Alpha, Elders, White Alpha which is Winter's real father....not the one who she thinks was her father that died, and the White Luna, and our Alpha has had to allow guards from the White Alpha's pack in not knowing it. One of those men being Landon who is a healer, but is one of the highest ranking young warriors. He's in high school but very..he could kill all of us and makes sure he seems like he can't by the necklace he always wears. It's a cloaking device. The other major person being...Nova. She wears a necklace, different from Landon's, but same effect. She's a head warrior for the youth, and she is also a tracker. I didn't find this out until the other day when I realized Winter stopped eating from Landon. Who told Beckett, who didn't realize I was standing at the door and Landon wasn't wearing his necklace. I might say...both Nova and Landon are a lot more filled out and cut than they seem.

    "Why did you hurt her?" I heard Beckett say standing with his back to Link.

    "I...my wolf...it went black...." He muttered with his head in his hands.

    "Same thing happened to me." I heard Kaine whisper. "I lost time...My wolf was exhausted after like he had battled something inside my head." He mumbled.

    I looked at Beck who was now turned facing us. He looked to be thinking and nodded.